Ford Exec Announces 2011 is Final Year for Raptor!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The subject is near and dear to my heart because in the back of my mind I always wonder how long Ford will be making the Raptor. So far so good - it looks like there's no end in sight and that's a good thing.

I'm still hoping Ford puts the EcoBoost in the Raptor...
Ford will keep producing the Raptor until the next generation of F-150.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No orange in 2012, they already show the build info, so 2011 is bull****. This is just like the trap they sucked me into on the exclusive GT500 that was to be a two year deal... started in 2007 and still running, longest two years ever. They will build the Raptor until every last person who wants one has one.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And then what?

And you know this how?
And then they come up with a 2nd Generation Raptor or not. How do I know this just facts, both generations of Lightnings have gone to the end of that current generation of F-150 from when they put into production. 1st gen Lightning 93-95. 96 was the first year of the mod motor F-150. 2nd Gen L 99-04. In 04 there was a body style change in the F-150 but they did a GM move and also offered the previous generation as well and called it the Heritage F-150.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No orange in 2012, they already show the build info, so 2011 is bull****. This is just like the trap they sucked me into on the exclusive GT500 that was to be a two year deal... started in 2007 and still running, longest two years ever. They will build the Raptor until every last person who wants one has one.
The contact with Shelby has aways been to 2012. Most likely it will get extended to 2014 for the end of the S-197 chassis.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The contact with Shelby has aways been to 2012. Most likely it will get extended to 2014 for the end of the S-197 chassis.

Lets agree to disagree on that one, I can show you fact and video and press that stated a two year run! I was part of several forums at the time and this was the biggest topic of discussion, it was not until the 2008 MY that they annouced the 2009 to 20?? info that Shelby and Ford "extended" the contract. YOU can google this all day and read for months, but trust me, it was not stated as more than a two year run from the start and why SO many guys bought the 07 and 08.... sales have trickled since as most guys figured out exclusive was not a 5-6 year run. The Raptor will be built for several years, and even when the body changes, the underside more than likely will not, thus added a few fender changes wont be that big a deal. As GM and the others start building super trucks to compete, Ford will NOT stop making the truck that started it all. Plain economics, if it sells, build it!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets agree to disagree on that one, I can show you fact and video and press that stated a two year run! I was part of several forums at the time and this was the biggest topic of discussion, it was not until the 2008 MY that they annouced the 2009 to 20?? info that Shelby and Ford "extended" the contract. YOU can google this all day and read for months, but trust me, it was not stated as more than a two year run from the start and why SO many guys bought the 07 and 08.... sales have trickled since as most guys figured out exclusive was not a 5-6 year run. The Raptor will be built for several years, and even when the body changes, the underside more than likely will not, thus added a few fender changes wont be that big a deal. As GM and the others start building super trucks to compete, Ford will NOT stop making the truck that started it all. Plain economics, if it sells, build it!
If GT500 sales have been trickling down since 2008 when they extended the contract why did Ford cap GT500 order for the 2011MY IIRC 8,000 cars. No matter what the car was going to be called the GT500 was going to get produced for the life of the S-197 chassis. It just makes more since not to change the name from the GT500 to the SVT Cobra in the middle of its life span. I don't the Raptor started the production-based pure off-road vehicle the Rubicon has been out for a while. I think the Raptor raised the bar to the point where people started to notice. Rubicons and Power Wagons to those that don't know just kind of blend with the other Jeeps and Rams.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And then they come up with a 2nd Generation Raptor or not. How do I know this just facts, both generations of Lightnings have gone to the end of that current generation of F-150 from when they put into production. 1st gen Lightning 93-95. 96 was the first year of the mod motor F-150. 2nd Gen L 99-04. In 04 there was a body style change in the F-150 but they did a GM move and also offered the previous generation as well and called it the Heritage F-150.

So it's speculation on your part based on your experience. Just wanted to know if you had some factual information that has eluded the rest of us.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will bet anyone here that the Raptor will be more than a two year run. Anything coming out of Ford, or rumors, is all good for marketing 101. Supply and demand, get them while they are hot. Bottom line regardless how you feel about my GT500 comments, they are 100% true. We were told it was a limited two year run and guys paid up-wards of 20K over MSRP to get them, then the news broke that Ford stated, and I quote "do to the overwhelming success and interest in the GT500, Ford will produce one for every person who wants one" and thus the two year limited production is now in year 6. Lets face it folks, FORD is in it to make money, if they are still selling the Raptor in high demand, they will build them until there is no demand or are forced to drop it due to body changes. End of story. But time will tell. I am just speaking from experience!!!!