Ford Exec Announces 2011 is Final Year for Raptor!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This Tuesday, Ford's VP of global powertrain development, Barb Samardzich, will address the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress in Detroit, and Ecoboost technology will again be at the top of her agenda. Samardzich will confirm that before the end of this year, three more Ecoboost engines will be in production at Ford, including the 1.6-liter inline-four due to be built at the Bridgend plant in Wales and debut in the new C-Max people mover.

At the Chicago Auto Show, it was announced that the new 2.0-liter inline-four will go into the 2011 Edge and during Tuesday's address, Samardzich will also confirm that turbo'd four-pot will find its way into the new unibody Explorer as well. That installation should come as no surprise since just such a combination was listed as a powertrain for the Explorer America concept that debuted at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show when Ecoboost was originally announced.

The final announcement will be the confirmation that the 2011 F-150 Raptor SVT will be the last production year for the off road truck. Samardzich will announce that Ford has decided to end production of the truck as while it's still popular rather than risk a downturn in sales. "The Raptor was always planned to have a limited production run and Ford has achieved significant success with the vehicle raising awareness of the F-150's off road capabilities."

Ford also will announce it is increasing its Ecoboost production target from 1.3 million to 1.5 million by 2013 – not bad when you consider when Ecoboost was first announced Ford was targeting 750,000 units.

Full article here:
http://www.google.com/search?client...r.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=787946b8a14e6151&pf=p&pdl=300

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
It may have been a little more believeable if you had said 2012, but we know the Raptor will come in Red and no longer able to get puke Orange for 2012. Nice try though

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't find anything about the end of production on Google. Seems odd given they just started making the SCrew.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude you got me two days later. I never scrolled down till after I believed it. Good Job.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The subject is near and dear to my heart because in the back of my mind I always wonder how long Ford will be making the Raptor. So far so good - it looks like there's no end in sight and that's a good thing.

I'm still hoping Ford puts the EcoBoost in the Raptor...