Ford & Carfax's awful policy. BE AWARE !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wow. What a crock of crap. I can see someone local to Carfax taking some doner VIN's off their private vehicles in their parking lot. Usually, license plate info can be found for free on state websites.

CarFax.JPG

D

Deleted member 12951

My cousin owns the dealership where I purchased mine. They have no clue that ford was doing this. Either did Bergeys Ford where my buddy has his account with. This is solely Fords doing. Think about it. Is Carfax going to reach out to one ford company? or Thousands of Ford dealerships? This is all the big shots doing this.. Jeep , dodge, and chrysler as well.
Carfax reaches out to all the body shops, service shops, etc. No biggy how they get it, thanks for the heads up on this sham. I went online and just used cars.com to find the exact same raptor as mine, grabbed the PDF of the VIN and will use that if ever asked for a VIN when ordering parts.

https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carfax reaches out to all the body shops, service shops, etc. No biggy how they get it, thanks for the heads up on this sham. I went online and just used cars.com to find the exact same raptor as mine, grabbed the PDF of the VIN and will use that if ever asked for a VIN when ordering parts.

https://www.carfax.com/company/vhr-data-sources
Yeah its truly unbelievable how they operate...

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealerships can do a soft credit pull as well , off your license plate with camera in service lane . Thats why you get some salesman coming around if you want to trade your truck in when your getting a oil change . Got 4 free oil changes with my 19 finally got to last one, last 3 times they asked if i wanted to trade in. I keep my dash vins covered up with a business card.

Jcc6600

Reaction score
We have had a similar situation several months ago. We own a collision center and had a customer come in with a Ford F-250 wanted a quote for a new tailgate. We gave him a quote using our estimate platform CCC. Never order any parts just quote only. Then two weeks ago he comes in upset because it shows on his car fax that it was in a collision with tailgate being replaced. My thoughts were it’s the estimate system or our parts ordering system Collision Link that sucks data out every time we write a quote. Car fax won’t give us an answer, CCC said it wasn’t them so still doing research on how they got that info since no parts were ordered.

D

Deleted member 12951

We have had a similar situation several months ago. We own a collision center and had a customer come in with a Ford F-250 wanted a quote for a new tailgate. We gave him a quote using our estimate platform CCC. Never order any parts just quote only. Then two weeks ago he comes in upset because it shows on his car fax that it was in a collision with tailgate being replaced. My thoughts were it’s the estimate system or our parts ordering system Collision Link that sucks data out every time we write a quote. Car fax won’t give us an answer, CCC said it wasn’t them so still doing research on how they got that info since no parts were ordered.
What a damn joke. Something needs to be done via social media, msm or consumer reports investigation. Wonder if you can file a complaint with your state general attorney?