Ford & Carfax's awful policy. BE AWARE !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer we gave them VIN, Long answer whenever you order parts its standard to give a vin in case there are small variations in the parts per the model of your car. That way there is no confusion on the parts ordered. LAST time I ever give a vin.

Or go to Autotrader and grab a VIN from a different truck from the same year. :emotions33:

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*UPDATE Carfax 2.png

This is nuts! Your emails are great Anthony. Corey is most likely in hiding now.

Hope you get the proper resolution and they remove the nonsense from the report.
Out of the office lol.... That's fine Corey I'll just wait around for you and lose money... No Biggie..
Easy fix - order parts under lot raptor vin lol
100% Thats what I mentioned earlier... This will be a nightmare for Carfax when people start doing this.
Or go to Autotrader and grab a VIN from a different truck from the same year. :emotions33:
Mall, ebay.. Sucks because some poor sole may have their vin harvested for something like this...

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the "use a truck from the dealer lot" is kinda **** move. Not in reference for the dealer but the potential buyer of that vehicle. Unless its a used truck no one is going to remotely think to pull up a carfax on a new vehicle because it has never been owned. A new owner could get slammed with a bunch of hits on a new truck with them never even have purchased any parts for at all.

There's a couple of ways to dodge the VIN logging.

1) Search for the parts you need with your VIN BUT do not order with it. Just get the part number you need and than back out. Go back into the system with your normal information, pull the part number and do not provide your VIN. Some Ford OEM parts sites do require VIN regardless to order so just be aware of that.

2) IF the site you found requires the VIN, take the part number you found using your VIN from the Ford OEM parts site and order it from a 3rd party. Something like rock auto or whatever. As long as you have the correct part number associated with your VIN the other places could care less/don't even ask for a VIN.

3) If you die hard want to order from a Ford dealer/OEM parts site and they require a VIN you're pretty SOL at that point. You can do the kinda **** move and snap a photo of a dealer VIN. The less ******* move would be if you have like a Copart account. Search for Raptors on there (a lot are totaled) and pull a VIN from there. Also some times they even take pictures of the door jam with the VIN so you wouldn't even need a Copart account. Most of those trucks are never going to have a clean title so a carfax report is really moot at that point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

So the "use a truck from the dealer lot" is kinda **** move. Not in reference for the dealer but the potential buyer of that vehicle. Unless its a used truck no one is going to remotely think to pull up a carfax on a new vehicle because it has never been owned. A new owner could get slammed with a bunch of hits on a new truck with them never even have purchased any parts for at all.

1) Search for the parts you need with your VIN BUT do not order with it. Just get the part number you need and than back out. Go back into the system with your normal information, pull the part number and do not provide your VIN. Some Ford OEM parts sites do require VIN regardless to order so just be aware of that.

2) IF the site you found requires the VIN, take the part number you found using your VIN from the Ford OEM parts site and order it from a 3rd party. Something like rock auto or whatever. As long as you have the correct part number associated with your VIN the other places could care less/don't even ask for a VIN.

3) If you die hard want to order from a Ford dealer/OEM parts site and they require a VIN you're pretty SOL at that point. You can do the kinda **** move and snap a photo of a dealer VIN. The less ******* move would be if you have like a Copart account. Search for Raptors on there (a lot are totaled) and pull a VIN from there. Also some times they even take pictures of the door jam with the VIN so you wouldn't even need a Copart account. Most of those trucks are never going to have a clean title so a carfax report is really moot at that point.
Why in the hell are dealerships selling car part sale data to Carfax? Maybe if they see that their inventory is being manipulated, things might change

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I agree I don't think anyone is seriously going to do that BUT people will, or worse, Think about if your wherever and someone snaps your VIN, then one day you have minor damage. If its a dealership they will have a much easier time then yourself having it removed. That was the premise of the comment. Let Ford deal with ******** since they are doing this. Honestly though we shouldn't have to do anything except order parts without having to worry. That's the bottom line. They removed it. Might not be as easy for the next person.
Why in the hell are dealerships selling car part sale data to Carfax? Maybe if they see that their inventory is being manipulated, things might change
Its Ford itself not the dealerships. Which is worse. And then wish to remain anonymous. lol How ****** up is that... You have to guess why you have damage.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Done... What a bunch of ********... They changed it to custom upgrade on the report... I am assuming I will be going through this again with the mirrors.Carfax3.png Carfax cleared.png

D

Deleted member 12951

Its Ford itself not the dealerships. Which is worse. And then wish to remain anonymous. lol How ****** up is that... You have to guess why you have damage.

Ford isn’t getting this info out of the air. The Ford dealership is giving it to Ford, so the dealership can stop doing that.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford isn’t getting this info out of the air. The Ford dealership is giving it to Ford, so the dealership can stop doing that.
My cousin owns the dealership where I purchased mine. They have no clue that ford was doing this. Either did Bergeys Ford where my buddy has his account with. This is solely Fords doing. Think about it. Is Carfax going to reach out to one ford company? or Thousands of Ford dealerships? This is all the big shots doing this.. Jeep , dodge, and chrysler as well.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure when you order the parts from a dealership it goes directly to Ford per their supply chain data. That's why it took a few months to get put on. Ford reported that later. I ordered the mirror covers a few months ago. I'm sure it will pop up. Whether they audit quarterly or bi annually I'm not sure, but it will get put on there. I think it was 6 months or so for the hood vent.The dealer would have had it on there in 30 days 60 tops.