Ford authority/new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Wil

Reaction score
Holy hell.... so ford staked their entire future on the ecoboost in the early 2000’s partnered with vw for electric tech, gave 500 million to rivian electric truck platform, is coming out with hybrid f150, mustang, and bronco options next year...... why do people seriously think ford will ever put a v8 back in to a raptor. Again they are almost 75-80k now and with a a shelby v8 motor the truck would be at least 125k. Shit a Shelby raptor now is around 100k . If you don’t like the raptor setup or don’t want to tune it ... either buy an extended and when that’s done put a v8 in it, enjoy it for what it is, or sell it and buy ram, gmc or Toyota

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again they are almost 75-80k now and with a a shelby v8 motor the truck would be at least 125k. Shit a Shelby raptor now is around 100k . If you don’t like the raptor setup or don’t want to tune it ... either buy an extended and when that’s done put a v8 in it, enjoy it for what it is, or sell it and buy ram, gmc or Toyota

Agreed. The Raptor is the leader everyone wants to be like, and that is with a twin turbo v6. The v8's can't do what our v6 can do. So there is zero need to go back to a v8.

A few loud mouth forum posters, stuck in 2005 because they think 8 is better then 6 wont change things.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford authority has reported the 2021 raptor will get the GT 500 motor. Only thing left is for Ford to confirm it which is a matter of time. When it happens, will it be a limited run and also an option only? How much as an option? $10k-$15k option? What are your thoughts?

I just texted my buddy who is an engineer for Ford and he said bs. He asked if the info was from the same people who said the new GT500 would be twin turbo before. He said 2023-2024 is when it may happen as of right now. I guess until we see it available to order the rumor mill will continue. I will be trading mine when they do put the Predator motor in the Raptor.