Ford authority/new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford authority has reported the 2021 raptor will get the GT 500 motor. Only thing left is for Ford to confirm it which is a matter of time. When it happens, will it be a limited run and also an option only? How much as an option? $10k-$15k option? What are your thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Ford Authority stated it could be either the GT500 5.2 or the new SD 7.3... And I'm actually hoping for the 7.3 honestly. Either way just rumors at this point.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mustang forums claim the GT500 will be a very small run with many dealers only getting one allocation and others not getting any. If they do the same with a SC V8 Raptor, expect to see $40-50k ADMs. Dealers will try to squeeze every dollar they can get out of their one or two allocations.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Mustang forums claim the GT500 will be a very small run with many dealers only getting one allocation and others not getting any. If they do the same with a SC V8 Raptor, expect to see $40-50k ADMs. Dealers will try to squeeze every dollar they can get out of their one or two allocations.

I was able to preorder my raptor in September of 2016 and took delivery in early February 2017 and I did not have to pay a mark up and the truck manager says they won't mark up vehicles over MSRP because the dealership refuses to screw customers over since they want the customer to keep coming back. I've already spoken with him about the raptor with the bigger motor and said he will let me know as soon as he hears something from Ford.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to preorder my raptor in September of 2016 and took delivery in early February 2017 and I did not have to pay a mark up and the truck manager says they won't mark up vehicles over MSRP because the dealership refuses to screw customers over since they want the customer to keep coming back. I've already spoken with him about the raptor with the bigger motor and said he will let me know as soon as he hears something from Ford.

If a dealer only gets one or two allocations, there are two ways it plays out. Either he sells it to the person willing to pay the highest ADM, or he sells it for MSRP to his very best friend or customer (or he keeps it for himself.)

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I just texted my buddy who is an engineer for Ford and he said bs. He asked if the info was from the same people who said the new GT500 would be twin turbo before. He said 2023-2024 is when it may happen as of right now. I guess until we see it available to order the rumor mill will continue. I will be trading mine when they do put the Predator motor in the Raptor.

Me too!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t hold your breath..... ain’t happening

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

it was the same crap with the gt350s the first two years.

Some dude paid me 71K over sticker for my 2015. blind offer, wasn't up for sale.

guess what you can swap into an ecoboost raptor for less than 50K? a motor that beats the hell out of the one in the gt500.