Ford announced Sync Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm use to using the Sync since I've been using it since 2009 (F25) and found the MFT in my (future ex's wife's Taurus SHO to work great as well. I can't figure out why folks are bitching about it. I know folks are usually resistant to change, but give it a fair chance.
Now I do agree an amp & speaker upgrade is needed in the Raptors, but I can't hear worth a crap anyway due to smokin dope and playing stereo to damn loud while I was younger. So it's not needed in my case.
I think I'm going to drive in the left lane at 5 mph below the posted speed limit today. Just for kicks! Hehehe

left lane bandit...ha ha...all that weed slows down your reaction time

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if we can get that in our syncmyride account. My dealer said thats where Ford want you to update.

They are down for the 27 and 28 , maybe they are updating it so it works bettr? SyncMyRide.com

cfabrizio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if it is possible to upload the MFT software on the sync screen to replace sync? if i don't like it, will i be able to switch it back?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably not. even though mft is pretty much sync, there are hardware changes between the 2. to make it happen, you would need to be a comp wiz.....

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is the sync update free? Can't see it due to the syncmyride.com website is down.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

My new Nokia 920 is having problems syncing to my truck while my 900 didn't have any.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer now. They said my vin # does not need it. ?? I have only had 1 freeze and we did a master reset.

Thoughts on this anyone? I am using Gen2 3.2.2 A 3 card

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update = fix one thing and break two other things..

-Greg

I agree, been around computers way to long.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

dont see why that would happen.......

I found it strange also. An update is an update. But then we got the "if it it aint broken don't fix it"