For those who went to a Tremor Super Duty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
definitely the trade off between a Tremor vs a normal SD. take the 4300 Tremor price and that gets you a nice Carli Backcountry system and tires.

???

“$10-12k” = bout $11k - $4.3k = $6.7k more - most of your warranty on a $65-80k rig

#math

but - I have no doubt that the carli kit would be way better & the suspension & related components “shouldn’t” be a big concern on a SD truck as far as warranty claims go....although I can see them denying anything to do w/ diffs/bearings/drive shaft/yolk & pinion/springs/ball joints if applicable

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
???

“$10-12k” = bout $11k - $4.3k = $6.7k more - most of your warranty on a $65-80k rig

#math

but - I have no doubt that the carli kit would be way better & the suspension & related components “shouldn’t” be a big concern on a SD truck as far as warranty claims go....although I can see them denying anything to do w/ diffs/bearings/drive shaft/yolk & pinion/springs/ball joints if applicable

what part of my comment confused you?

the Tremor package is 4300$ on top of any SD you buy, so you could take that money and buy a back country kit is 2485, add labor and tires and you'd e close to that 4300 range.

@zombiekiller SD is into his truck for over 10k, which I'd assume is lights, bumpers, rims, etc on top of his Carli pin top kit. that kit starts at 3780, not including radius arms, upper or lower stabilizer shocks, sway bar, leafs.

thanks for the smart ass hashtag to try and get your point across.

CMSU22

Reaction score
I just saw a f350 tremor on the lot 64k tag next to a f250 loaded lariat diesel 74k tag. I was expecting the tremor to be more, I didn't think the diesel was that big of a price tag???

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Diesel F-250. I don't do any heavy towing, and I would never get a diesel again just to drive around in. Too expensive, and the maintenance was several times more expensive. Not to mention the DEF BS. I would, however get a Gas Tremor with the 7.3. My diesel F-250 got no better mileage than my previous Raptor, both with 37s, so no advantage there.

OP
OP
NE Raptor

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CMSU22 it is a $10k option to go diesel

@zombiekiller good point I was watching a guy on youtube that did one and it did make all the difference.

@SVTTrooper good stuff and thanks for the real world feedback.

It certainly has a bit of raptor off road appeal to it as it rolls off the lot, I likely wouldn't end up doing much more than wheels/tires once they needed replacing.. I like the fact that the diesels carry 100k drivetrain. I drive quite a bit so I can eat up a 60k well before 5 years.

CMSU22

Reaction score
@CMSU22 it is a $10k option to go diesel

@zombiekiller good point I was watching a guy on youtube that did one and it did make all the difference.

@SVTTrooper good stuff and thanks for the real world feedback.

It certainly has a bit of raptor off road appeal to it as it rolls off the lot, I likely wouldn't end up doing much more than wheels/tires once they needed replacing.. I like the fact that the diesels carry 100k drivetrain. I drive quite a bit so I can eat up a 60k well before 5 years.

Ok, I guess I was still expecting the 350 tremor to be more..hell I almost went in and ask how much they would give me for my raptor but then I came back to earth.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
what part of my comment confused you?

the Tremor package is 4300$ on top of any SD you buy, so you could take that money and buy a back country kit is 2485, add labor and tires and you'd e close to that 4300 range.

@zombiekiller SD is into his truck for over 10k, which I'd assume is lights, bumpers, rims, etc on top of his Carli pin top kit. that kit starts at 3780, not including radius arms, upper or lower stabilizer shocks, sway bar, leafs.

thanks for the smart ass hashtag to try and get your point across.

My Super duty is lined out as follows:

Full Carli Pintop Leveling "kit"
Carli Radius Arms
Carli Splined Sway bar
Upper and lower opposing steering stabilizers
carli/deaver Full Leaf pack
Daystar cradles
Firestone bags
s&b intake
S&b 60 gallon fuel tank
110w vhf
SVC front bumper
4 x BD XL80s
Warn quick connect winch wiring
Switchpros SP9100
37x13.50r17 Load Range E tires
17x9 Raceline defenders
a bunch of Mac's tie down tracks
built right panels
Morimoto LED headlights
upgraded fuel filter ( the underhood filter)
Fender flares ( because I am allergic to the brodozer look and didn't want my tires sticking that far past the fender. )

It will eventually get a chase rack and a RTT, but I'm not ready for that yet, as I recently downsized my car count and have been daily driving it, so a tonneau cover is on it for the moment.

I have gotten zero flack from Ford on anything Warranty. Roadside assistance has officially become useless, but it would be hard to argue that anything that has been changed caused a component failure.

One day I'll switch the bodywork over to 2020+ ( I like the headlights and grill more) and if I get REALLY bored, I'll do some Mcneil glass and bump it up to 40s. I just don't want to tow cross country on 40s, so it definitely won't happen until I move further west.

Once I get tired of using it as a daily driver, It'll stay in the stable as the tow/chase pig until it dies. I have no intention of needing to tow anything that might require DRW either. The truck is a workhorse and I expect that it'll do everything that I ask of it for another 6-10 years, easily.

I have not and will not mess with the DEF system. I haven't tuned it and don't plan to. 1000 ft-lbs of torque is plenty for my porpoises.

If you compare what a full raptor build costs, on top of the cost of the truck, doing a super duty build is hilariously cheap by comparison.

the other hilarious thing? If you measure the width of a super duty vs a raptor, from mirror tip to mirror tip, the SD is a good 3 inches wider with the mirrors adjusted as tight to the body as possible.

Fold the mirrors in, and my raptor is 12 inches wider.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I enjoy how the raptor looks, I have not towed anything yet but as I start racing again (motorcycles) and the purchase of my final house, maybe I'll get into towing more for various reasons.

I feel like if you buy the tremor, you need it for massive towing reasons.

Its not just towing. It’s payload. My payload is just under 1100lbs on the Raptor according to the sticker. With my rock sliders, Bakflip bed cover, high lift jack and bed divider, I’m probably a lot closer to 900 which is very easy to exceed.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Super duty is lined out as follows:

Full Carli Pintop Leveling "kit"
Carli Radius Arms
Carli Splined Sway bar
Upper and lower opposing steering stabilizers
carli/deaver Full Leaf pack
Daystar cradles
Firestone bags
s&b intake
S&b 60 gallon fuel tank
110w vhf
SVC front bumper
4 x BD XL80s
Warn quick connect winch wiring
Switchpros SP9100
37x13.50r17 Load Range E tires
17x9 Raceline defenders
a bunch of Mac's tie down tracks
built right panels
Morimoto LED headlights
upgraded fuel filter ( the underhood filter)
Fender flares ( because I am allergic to the brodozer look and didn't want my tires sticking that far past the fender. )

It will eventually get a chase rack and a RTT, but I'm not ready for that yet, as I recently downsized my car count and have been daily driving it, so a tonneau cover is on it for the moment.

I have gotten zero flack from Ford on anything Warranty. Roadside assistance has officially become useless, but it would be hard to argue that anything that has been changed caused a component failure.

One day I'll switch the bodywork over to 2020+ ( I like the headlights and grill more) and if I get REALLY bored, I'll do some Mcneil glass and bump it up to 40s. I just don't want to tow cross country on 40s, so it definitely won't happen until I move further west.

Once I get tired of using it as a daily driver, It'll stay in the stable as the tow/chase pig until it dies. I have no intention of needing to tow anything that might require DRW either. The truck is a workhorse and I expect that it'll do everything that I ask of it for another 6-10 years, easily.

I have not and will not mess with the DEF system. I haven't tuned it and don't plan to. 1000 ft-lbs of torque is plenty for my porpoises.

If you compare what a full raptor build costs, on top of the cost of the truck, doing a super duty build is hilariously cheap by comparison.

the other hilarious thing? If you measure the width of a super duty vs a raptor, from mirror tip to mirror tip, the SD is a good 3 inches wider with the mirrors adjusted as tight to the body as possible.

Fold the mirrors in, and my raptor is 12 inches wider.

Seems like you have your SD set up for more off-roading than mine.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Seems like you have your SD set up for more off-roading than mine.
to be honest, I set it up like this so that I'd feel comfortable towing off-road in the desert. I carry a 10K winch in a cradle too. If we need a winch , the idea is to leave the trailer at the trailhead, get to the patient in the SD, throw the winch in the receiver and extract.

If I hadn't planned to chase with it, I probably would have bought a 2wd dually and slammed it.

I did the kit for the offroad manners, but it really makes the SD lightyears more comfortable to drive on crappy elevated Louisiana roads with extra tall expansion joints.