For everyone waiting on chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point being not all delayed trucks are waiting on chips. I believe there is a guy with an august build still waiting. That is obviously not waiting on a chip, basically forgot about it.
I am the July build guy (7/30) with confirmation of no hold for chip and just awaiting shipping. :)

That August guy/gal can get in line behind me, damnit!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the July build guy (7/30) with confirmation of no hold for chip and just awaiting shipping. :)

That August guy/gal can get in line behind me, damnit!
I might be that August guy and yours should definitely have priority on mine.
They’re probably both parked way back on that lot… maybe in an entirely different field even.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be that August guy and yours should definitely have priority on mine.
They’re probably both parked way back on that lot… maybe in an entirely different field even.
...and probably stacked on top of each other upside down.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how the social media rockstars that suck the Ford teet have received theirs (some of them multiple (shall remain nameless)), and us commoners are forced to wait til God knows when.
That is the truth...forum b^i^tching does nothing...however, if we all tweeted about it, it would get at least a response from Ford.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to an upper Ford management guy at SEMA Thursday- he confirmed the sea of F150's in Dearborn. He did say he would look into mine and call me next week- let's see if he does. Mine had a blend date of 11/5. Ordered 6/29

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe Tesla didn't panic about a possible covid slowdown and cancel a bunch of their orders...
Again, Elon doesn't do things traditionally. He is wreckless, a risk taker and gets lucky.
A key point here, is to be successful, you have to take more risks, but the more money he accumulates, the less the many failures he does have affects the bottom line. In his eyes, if he ordered too much inventory, it wouldn't matter, it will get consumed, and he always excessivley inflates projections anyway. Yet, somehow he doesn't get dinged like most public companies when they fail to meet targets. Too many invetsors looking 10, 20 years out.

That said, the comany is not worth 20% of it's current stock price, either, don't care if you are looking 100 years out.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, Elon doesn't do things traditionally. He is wreckless, a risk taker and gets lucky.
A key point here, is to be successful, you have to take more risks, but the more money he accumulates, the less the many failures he does have affects the bottom line. In his eyes, if he ordered too much inventory, it wouldn't matter, it will get consumed, and he always excessivley inflates projections anyway. Yet, somehow he doesn't get dinged like most public companies when they fail to meet targets. Too many invetsors looking 10, 20 years out.
He is a risk taker for sure. What I've noticed is that folks who start companies do things that promote long-term success and the folks who go to business school do things that protect short-term bonuses. When a public company run by MBAs fails to meet target, it means that all of the accounting tricks at their disposal can no longer paper over the reality and it's past time to dump that stock. A wild man like Elon? You can't make that assumption. You can bet against him if you like. Go short. Good luck.