FMIC Vs Stock location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sip

Reaction score
Are there any reviews of FMIC vs upgraded stock location.

I really wanted to go full COBB Stage2 but the FMIC looks to be total ass pain to install.

I was wondering if there are any real comparisons of something like COBB v AMS v Titan etc.

Thanks!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The FMIC will perform better, not doubt about it since it gets more air. It isn't that bad of an install really, plus you can then get any bumper you like.

OP
OP
Sip

Sip

Reaction score
That was the original intention. Cobb FMIC and ADD Stealth bumper. After all the rust posts with the Stealth , then all the ACC and collision warning faults with sensor relocation I have become disheartened with the whole thing. I starting thinking less is more, simple is better etc.

I loved drone

Reaction score
796F278E-1E00-48EC-8938-7188D81E42A9.jpeg B1503071-F72F-4456-A60F-C5F378A75607.jpeg I run the COBB intercooler in my 19’ . But don’t be fooled, you need to do everything to open up the motor. The install wasn’t bad. I did it in about 4 hours. Forget about the bumper. No need to replace it.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to do the stock replacement one so it draws the least amount of attention if they try some warranty shennigans. Plus Ive heard they perform plenty well.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my Cobb stage 2 and love it. It’s like day and night. The whole install took about 5 hrs. FMIC, CAI, tune.

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with CVF Titan (stock location, retains fans/shutters) and Cobb stage 1+ & Trans tune (engine tune, intake and Trans tune). Might get a Goosetune, as CVF Titan will leave some performance on the table over Stage 1

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
My concern with a FMIC vs stock replacement is for cooling. For normal driving the FMIC seems fine. No real issues. But for those who do some towing, there seems to be a big issue with overheating. The FMIC sits right in front of the radiator, and obviously blocks some air. It also heats up the air going to the radiator. Quite a few people who tow on hot days up an incline are seeing 250 degree temps and truck going into limp mode. I would really like to run a FMIC, because I prefer the look of the frame cut front bumpers, but it looks like I’ll have to stick with a stock location IC, as I plan to tow a small toy hauler on a regular basis, and do not want overheating issues

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a small 14’ camper trailer with my during the summer months for camping everywhere in California and have no problems with heating up or overheating.