Flood Ford ESP (Florida Issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSkunks

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows by now, there some strange law that prevents others from discounting into the state of Florida.

I have a second home in Georgia, so I called Flood Ford to see how that works. They said no issues. I said even if the car isn't registered to that home in Georgia, they said yea that fine.

I then proceeded to ask, what's stopping someone from simply selecting any state and just putting a friends address. He said nothing, there's no verification process. The difference is like $1300 vs $3300...

Does anyone see an issue this and possibly voiding the warranty?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont see an issue cause its the same ford warranty any ford can sell, once you got it, it should apply anywhere.
Also man, i shouldve tried to do the same thing myself lol

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
I quoted both and flood ford was cheaper. Also when I called Zeigler about using my second home, they said I'd have to register the car there. I called a few other companies that offer discounted ESP and they all said having my second address is fine. Once it's tied to the VIN, it would be available in any state.

Everyone doesn't have a second home but I'm sure most if not all have a friend or relative who live outside the state. Based on what he said, there's not verification so you could put a family members house and save yourself a lot.

The discounted rates are so cheap it's a no brainer. Even with 1-2 years left, I'm sure it would more add its value back onto a sale.

Reaction score
Hey there! I kind of did the same as you, I have family I stay with a few weeks out of the year in SC (my house and the truck are in FL) and used their address and no issues so far. The warranty is attached to the VIN from what they told me.

I have done some warranty work already and they saw both my CPO and ESP warranties and the Ford App reflects that as well.

One of the selling points for me getting a higher than usual mileage truck was the ESP. I got the truck at 78k miles and I bought the 10 year 175k mile warranty @ $100 deductible for about $4300?

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Ended up going with Flood Ford. I have one month left of factory warranty, 17,000 miles. I got the 7 year / 60k miles for ~$1200, 0 deductible with the light warranty.

I drive an average of 7000 a year on the truck as the family car is an X7. That would put me at 45,000 miles in 4 years, I’m comfortable with that buffer. For how cheap the warranty is, I don’t know how anyone could opt not to do it. Just the peace of mind alone is worth it. I wish all manufactures had it this cheap, BMW’s extended warranty was ~$3000 for just an extra 2 years.