Ford ESP problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBT9

Reaction score
I have the Ford Gold Certified ESP that came with the 2019 truck from the dealer in Texas I bought the truck from and the solenoid harness on the rear shock went bad one week after receiving the truck here in SoCal. The SoCal dealer said it was not covered by the warranty. Has anyone had this issue with the extended warranty and if so, how did you resolve it? Do dealers decide what is covered? Looking at the actual warranty contract from Ford the stock suspension is not listed as an exception.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
ESP plans are so vague in the documentation and some dealers are so untrustworthy I would get in touch with Ford Customer service to see if it is covered. If it is covered then go to a different Ford Dealer.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious on this as well, have my truck in service for the live valves too. Ford states that they dont cover maintenance items on their plans and shocks are listed under that. Now not sure if solenoids and the wiring for the shocks are under "shocks" or something else. Service advisor said it may not be covered as well, but hed look into it for me.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
just the solenoid harness is being replaced. Here is the part number

Solenoid Assembly - Ford (KL3Z-18B084-C)​

Seems like it's separate from the shocks then, unless it is disclaimed specifically. Worth a shot anyway. :)

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it they plug in the part number and the system tells them if it is covered. Hopefully that is.