GEN 2 Flat spot during acceleration.. ANY IDEAS??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terp

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. The fact that you noticed it makes me feel a whole lot better. After this thread I’ve been realizing that I may be concentrating a little too much on it when I shouldn’t be. The power is there and the flat spot is not so pronounced that other people notice it right away.

About the wheels/tires - I know you weren’t implying it was the sole reason. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that the flat spot was there beforehand and the only difference I noticed with the wheel/tire combo is a somewhat stiffer ride, but not enough to justify a second thought.

I am going to chalk this up to me over concentrating on the flat spot and move forward. The fact that others have felt it makes me feel a whole lot better. Coming from first generation ecoboost, I didn’t feel that amount of power gain all at once and it made me focus on the flat spot before the power surge. My previous truck was tuned with CAI, downpipes, and cat back exhaust which as a combo made a great improvement but still nothing compared to this. Being I did all the work to that made me notice every little change along the way and I still hadn’t noticed a healthy jump in power like this. Overall I love this truck in every way and I hope to get a lot of reliable years out of it.

I truly appreciate this forum and all the knowledge shared. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're welcome, I'll keep it in mind just to see if I notice anything drastically different going forward but I'm guessing that you're right and once you noticed it you couldn't not pay attention to it and rightfully so on a 70k+ truck. I'm sure a lot of us have things that we find that we think may be flaws with the truck when they may not be.