First Oil Change...TIP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking my truck in for first oil change tell dealer I'm bringing my own Mobil1 they tell me that could void my warranty bad thing is I'm a Mobil dealer

I used to do the same but with Royal Purple in My Subaru WRX. The dealer never questioned it and even told me you must love this car lol. Only 350 miles on My 13 Raptor so I got a while before the first oil change. Not sure what I'll use yet.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a Mobil dealer I only use synthetic

Can you find out for us, if Ford will honor the Mobil 1 Extended or what does Mobil corporate say?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I had a bad experience with Royal purple in a T400 on 67 Buick GS, burn up the tranny twice in a month and it was a TCI crate to 600 HP.

I was told to not use that stuff and only use the Ford ATF, much higher viscosity.
Never had a problem with the third one. Go figure, Ford in a GM, turns out a lot of guys use the Ford ATF at the track.

You have to remember the Auto companies spent a lot of money doing durability testing with all types fluids.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great info here.

Question: On my Titan, I changed the original oil out at 1000 miles to break in the motor and get rid of the old oil. And then at 5000, I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic with a Mobil 1 filter. On the last oil change, I used Bosch.

At what interval should I do the first oil change on the Raptor? Should I wait until 5000 or change it sooner to get the metal shavings from engine break-in out of the motor?

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info here.

Question: On my Titan, I changed the original oil out at 1000 miles to break in the motor and get rid of the old oil. And then at 5000, I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic with a Mobil 1 filter. On the last oil change, I used Bosch.

At what interval should I do the first oil change on the Raptor? Should I wait until 5000 or change it sooner to get the metal shavings from engine break-in out of the motor?

On a new vehicle, I always do my fist oil change at 500 miles. My friend is a master mechanic and that is what he recommended. He's never given me reason to doubt anything he's said, so I trust him 100%.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after reading this thread, I'm going to get Synthetic Oil | Mobil 1™ Extended Performance. But what oil filter should I get?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
everyone is going to have an option on that.

I only use the Ford Racing Oil filter. It's a bit larger but has the best flow rate and a very good micron rating out of all of them.
It's worked for Mustangs and the Ford Racing Team for years so....... what more can I say.

Last edited: