First Gen 1 Issue I’ve had..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuse 27 done.
Truck seems to be idling low before it dies, around 600rpm. Going to take apart intake today to verify fittings are seated and no cracks in hoses or housing.
Check all hoses under a very bright light for cracks or nicks. Hope you find something.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine sits at 600 rpm in drive, and around 625-640 in neutral.
Been like that when it was NA and now supercharged.
That's the way it should be and when the AC is on it goes up another 50 rpms

Are you sure your getting 13.7 and higher out of the battery when she's running?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine sits at 600 rpm in drive, and around 625-640 in neutral.
Been like that when it was NA and now supercharged.
That's the way it should be and when the AC is no it goes up another 50 rpms

Are you sure your getting 13.7 and higher out of the battery when she's running?
That’s good to know, I have not been running my A/C or heater last few months and that must be why it seems to have a lower idle rpm.
As far as battery, I bought the Optima from Auto Zone last month and assumed its new, my bad for not testing...yet

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are the other pending error codes?????
You're only showing us one of three.

Like @FordTechOne said there is a continuity issue.
Have you unplugged the three PCM plugs
and clean with electrical spray cleaner?
How is the electrical tape that Ford kind of didn't do a great job protecting water intrusion into the back of the plugs?
These were the other two codes. Your probably onto something with cleaning out the 3 pcm connections.

DF2C0B3A-78A4-4DF2-8A8F-B46C5C1AD425.jpeg

1A469BE9-9831-4E0F-81D1-DD7626E0C085.jpeg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne @Marspool

Well your running some kind of wrong Tune, it's all software problem!!!!!!!! BIG TIME
Did you ever plug in a ELM dongle into the OBDII port.
There's big issue with those cheap ELM adaptors, there missing components to prevent damage to the PCM.

You're going to have to go to the dealer and have them reflash your Tune.
But I read your first post, you're anti dealer, but you kind of have no choice hear.

My honest opinion is, now is the time to get a real Tune and really enjoy your truck!!!!!

U0300 FORD Meaning. The U0300 code indicates there are incompatible software levels within the Powertrain Control Module ( PCM) that control the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system. The ETC system uses multiple microprocessors within the PCM, each having its own software level and function. The microprocessors must have the correct level of software in order to communicate and function together.

This generic powertrain diagnostic trouble code (DTC) typically applies to many OBD-II vehicles. That may include but is not limited to vehicles from Honda, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Toyota, etc. When a code P060A is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has experienced an internal processor error.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne @Marspool

Well your running some kind of wrong Tune, it's all software problem!!!!!!!! BIG TIME
Did you ever plug in a ELM dongle into the OBDII port.
There's big issue with those cheap ELM adaptors, there missing components to prevent damage to the PCM.

You're going to have to go to the dealer and have them reflash your Tune.
But I read your first post, you're anti dealer, but you kind of have no choice hear.

My honest opinion is, now is the time to get a real Tune and really enjoy your truck!!!!!

U0300 FORD Meaning. The U0300 code indicates there are incompatible software levels within the Powertrain Control Module ( PCM) that control the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system. The ETC system uses multiple microprocessors within the PCM, each having its own software level and function. The microprocessors must have the correct level of software in order to communicate and function together.

This generic powertrain diagnostic trouble code (DTC) typically applies to many OBD-II vehicles. That may include but is not limited to vehicles from Honda, Ford, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Toyota, etc. When a code P060A is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has experienced an internal processor error.
The main reason I’m anti dealer right now is the lack of competence my 2 local Dealerships have near Palm Desert California. I asked about reflashing the pcm when it went in for throttle body and they said not needed.I didn’t have any idle or dying issues until it went in for #1 transmission repair and a couple weeks later #2 throttle body, now an issue everyday.
I talked with James at JDM tuning and he said he would rather have all my running issues resolved before throwing a tune at it since he cannot guarantee a tune will correct the problem...
I do appreciate your help and insight, this has taken the fun out of driving my truck...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure if you tell James that you have those error codes he would say ok.

You can't fix your truck until you resolve the PCM software (Tune)

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure if you tell James that you have those error codes he would say ok.

You can't fix your truck until you resolve the PCM software (Tune)
I called the dealership and left a msg for the service advisor, let’s see if they can come through. I have almost exhausted all other probabilities at this point.