First Gen 1 Issue I’ve had..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Transmission Lead Frame-replaced
Trans valve body and solenoids-replaced
Trans seals-replaced
Optima red top battery-replaced
MAF sensor-replaced
Throttle body-replaced
K&N filter cleaned-

No check engine or wrench right now.
My obd2 scanner says no codes currently present in Drivetrain or Emissions.

Called dealership 2 days ago to ask about pcm programming or flashing and have not heard back. Like it was suggested, looking at taking it out of area to another more capable dealership than mine.

Anybody been to Galpin Ford in Burbank?
I’m in Palm Desert, about 2 hours away...

So you’ve tried Palm Springs and Fiesta with no luck? I wouldn’t waste your time with Galpin, they’re an extremely busy dealer and I doubt they’d take the time needed to figure out what’s really going on with your truck. Have you tried Yucca Valley? They’re a small dealer, might be easier to work with.

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you’ve tried Palm Springs and Fiesta with no luck? I wouldn’t waste your time with Galpin, they’re an extremely busy dealer and I doubt they’d take the time needed to figure out what’s really going on with your truck. Have you tried Yucca Valley? They’re a small dealer, might be easier to work with.
Yes I started at Fiesta and then to PS Motors. Going to drive to Fiesta today and see if there is anybody there that can help.

OP
OP
Marspool

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Marspool sucks about your truck. Any update how things are going?
Thanks for the support! It’s been a good learning experience for me at the local Dealerships.
I got my truck back last Tuesday after it being back at dealership for a week. It was the 5th time in 3 months! This time I broke down and itemized list and description of the trucks issues past few months including all of the parts and repairs that took place. The short of it is this, I knew the problems I was having had something to do with the initial transmission repair. Turns out there was a loose connection in valve body wire harness. I also had to explain to the service manager that the PCM had the be flashed to a stock OEM tune with the new transmission parts and throttle body, which they did... finally.
It’s been a week now and truck has not acted up on me once.
Now time to get a proper tune, JDM here I come!

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! Sounded like a pretty rough go for awhile there. Hopefully this is the end of it for you.