First 24 hours with the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not try to start a debate but I just don’t understand what makes the ram attractive; the grill looks like a pig snout. It has lots of rounded corner which doesn’t appeal to me especially on a truck.

LOL
I have no doubt I'm gonna laugh out loud when I see the next Ram Sport in the flesh.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
rides like a f'n farm truck on the hi-way
don't get me started on wind noise & whistling
10spd leaves a lot to be desired
traded for a Rebel 12

Like a farm truck? Seriously? You need to take your shit down the road. That's the most idiotic and disingenuous remark I have read in a while.

No points.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put these on, you'll see it.

rayban-rx5154-eyeglasses-5649-51-angle.jpg
+1. And I sure the hell do not want a SHEEP HEAD looking at me all day long from the middle of the steering wheel.

I run 40 psi all they way around and it rides better then mommas Escalade!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
traded in my F150 Lariat & S550 for the Raptor, I had read reviews on how smooth the raptor is on the road but I found that to be totally opposite. Even on a smooth road the steering wheel seems to shake/vibrate slightly. I've already lowered the tire pressure to 37 psi and gonna have the wheels/tire checked for any balancing issues tomorrow. Also The transmission shift a bit harsh thou I don't mind it, feels like the older F1 transmissions. Despite all that I think i might actually keep this car for a while as it is just so damn good looking; see you all on the road!

View attachment 115596

View attachment 115597
Does yours have the lane keeping system and do you have turned on around town? That may account for the steering feel if so. I had that on my 17 Explorer and it was annoying as hell in town, since the roads are generally narrower than the highway and the system is always trying to nudge you back if you get too close to the lines. I found the trans to be a little harsh at first, particularly around 3-4th gears. Now that it has around 700 miles on it, it's smoothed out a bit.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Does yours have the lane keeping system and do you have turned on around town? That may account for the steering feel if so. I had that on my 17 Explorer and it was annoying as hell in town, since the roads are generally narrower than the highway and the system is always trying to nudge you back if you get too close to the lines. I found the trans to be a little harsh at first, particularly around 3-4th gears. Now that it has around 700 miles on it, it's smoothed out a bit.

Good call. That one threw me for a loop for a couple days until I read the owners manual.

DarkSarcasm

Reaction score
Haha! Lane Keeping System sounds exactly like the OPs issue. Same thing for me, I thought I was hitting bumps and getting hella feedback in the steering wheel. Turned out to be the truck telling me I was swerving.

To the OP , the steering wheel vibrates when the truck detects you are getting to close to the lines on the road. Only happens above a certain speed and when the computer can detect lines on the road.

OP
OP
Thonda

Thonda

Reaction score
Lane Keeping System is a great suggestion, but I'm pretty familiar with the system (have it on my other cars) and i wish that was the "issue". Hopefully it's just needs a good road force balancing.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1. And I sure the hell do not want a SHEEP HEAD looking at me all day long from the middle of the steering wheel.

I run 40 psi all they way around and it rides better then mommas Escalade!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's something wrong with your moms Escalade