First 24 hours with the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thonda

Reaction score
traded in my F150 Lariat & S550 for the Raptor, I had read reviews on how smooth the raptor is on the road but I found that to be totally opposite. Even on a smooth road the steering wheel seems to shake/vibrate slightly. I've already lowered the tire pressure to 37 psi and gonna have the wheels/tire checked for any balancing issues tomorrow. Also The transmission shift a bit harsh thou I don't mind it, feels like the older F1 transmissions. Despite all that I think i might actually keep this car for a while as it is just so damn good looking; see you all on the road!

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37 is too high. At least for the rear tires. I found 35 to be the absolute maximum I would want in the rear with 37 the absolute max I’d run in the front. When I’m towing my SxS I’ll bump the rear pressures to 37-38

Did you get a 2019? You need the obligatory orange shock picture if you did to make the rest of us jelly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

The 35” tires are notoriously hard to balance, and take a bunch of weights to get success. I remember a few of the first batch of ’17’s had some users who had to make tire warranty claims because they couldn’t get them balanced and even vibration tolerable. Once done, it should be vibe free.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Read reviews on how smooth the raptor is on the road but I found that to be totally opposite. Transmission shifts a bit harsh.
rides like a f'n farm truck on the hi-way
don't get me started on wind noise & whistling
10spd leaves a lot to be desired
traded for a Rebel 12

14RS3

Reaction score
I guess I got lucky with mine. I have had it 4 months, loaded the MPT 93 prx tune around 1500 miles, have taken it on 3-4 400-500 mile round trip trips, and it rides like a Cadillac!
Okay, maybe not that smoothly, but is very comfortable on road trips and around town so far.
I set my tires at 35 when it was 60* outside but lately it has been in the 40’s and they are sitting at 32psi when I pull out of the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Thonda

Thonda

Reaction score
rides like a f'n farm truck on the hi-way
don't get me started on wind noise & whistling
10spd leaves a lot to be desired
traded for a Rebel 12

The RAM smells like a rental and just it’s just not a good looking truck imho. The screen reminds of a Prius prime thou I do wish the F150 had those amazing reclining rear seats. Best of luck to you.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My BFG's were a little shakey until I had about 3-400 miles on them, then perfectly smooth. Build date of 2/18, bought new 8/18, I guess maybe the tires had flat spotted a little from sitting. Give it a few days and miles before getting too concerned. I also found 36/34 or there about was the best pressure for me.