Fire Supression Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
If you aren't running five point harnesses, getting out should be fairly easy.
I can actually get out of harness's faster than a standard seat belt.
Any known cost yet?
Not a clue as I have no idea if anyone else is really serious. I'm ordering one regardless, but its going in the Sport Trac. The plan is to have 2 nozzles in the cab and 2 pointing at the engine

Found this one and it seems to be much cheaper than most units I've come across. I'm not sure if cheaper is the way to go with a system that's meant to save your life
4.0 Liter Multi-Flo Steel Mechanical AFFF System

As far as fire extinguisher go I've got 3 in the Sport Trac and want more protection. I have a very good friend that went up in flames at a race years back and I don't ever want to live through what he did

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the Zero 2000 4L system that Kartek has on their site, for $339.99. The idea of an AFFF system (foam) that won't blow away in the wind sound like the right direction to me. We have always had one fire bottle in the cab and one mounted outside, but for the money I am feeling like it would not be a bad idea to have a more robust setup. last Baja trip we got the headers hot enough to melt the solder out of the starter solenoid , which I would think is hot enough to cause other more serious issues.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Zero 2000 4L system that Kartek has on their site, for $339.99. The idea of an AFFF system (foam) that won't blow away in the wind sound like the right direction to me. We have always had one fire bottle in the cab and one mounted outside, but for the money I am feeling like it would not be a bad idea to have a more robust setup. last Baja trip we got the headers hot enough to melt the solder out of the starter solenoid , which I would think is hot enough to cause other more serious issues.

Slightly off topic, but were the headers coated?

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something else to add to these fire suppression systems is a way to kill the fuel system and then bleed off the pressure almost instantly.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what we typically supply to all our racers for fire suppression systems.

firefox1.jpg

Firefox Fire Supression Systems