Finally pulled the trigger!! Long travel 4.0 Tacoma to 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! New guy here from out east (East NC) Finally joining the raptor club!

Ive been a Tacoma guy for a long time (previous truck was a supercharged 4.0 Long travel Tacoma with bypass shocks and lots of mods) Don’t get me wrong it was an amazing truck and was almost unbeatable offroad (everything from climbing mountains to going through chest deep water), but with everything that was done, I was pushing the design capabilities and didn’t have time for the constant upkeep, and it also struggled to pull heavy loads due to the soft suspension setup. At the time I couldn't really afford keep it, but ironically enough a few days after I sold it I ended up getting an unexpected insurance payout, so decided to go raptor!

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a brand new 2019 Crew Cab 802A Raptor!! Picked it up for an AMAZING deal at Jacksonville NC Ford (Highly recommended). And am already loving it. Definitely a dream come true!

I plan on doing some mods (bumper/intercooler/wheels already on the way). But glad to see there’s a forum just for Raptors! If anyone is out by eastern NC feel free to reach out!

(snapped a few pics next to the project car :D )

491B6188-C903-43C2-809D-F5BDCDDF719D.jpeg

5BFE48A0-3734-4B94-A498-1BDB8B7F43BC.jpeg

14586A9F-69B5-4F9A-8AE1-AA79CB5C0FF7.jpeg

A0B4D874-D374-4C2D-BFC4-E3F452858EDF.jpeg

00F3562B-50F7-4F02-B7FC-481734701954.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats, be sure to post up a pic!

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... fellow New Bernian and Raptor owner here... congrats on the Raptor- you will love it!

Hey everyone! New guy here from out east (East NC) Finally joining the raptor club!

Ive been a Tacoma guy for a long time (previous truck was a supercharged 4.0 Long travel Tacoma with bypass shocks and lots of mods) Don’t get me wrong it was an amazing truck and was almost unbeatable offroad (everything from climbing mountains to going through chest deep water), but with everything that was done, I was pushing the design capabilities and didn’t have time for the constant upkeep, and it also struggled to pull heavy loads due to the soft suspension setup.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a brand new 2019 Crew Cab 802A Raptor!! Picked it up for an AMAZING deal at Jacksonville NC Ford (Highly recommended). And am already loving it. Definitely a dream come true!

I plan on doing some mods (bumper/intercooler/wheels already on the way). But glad to see there’s a forum just for Raptors! If anyone is out by eastern NC feel free to reach out!

OP
OP
B

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Pics uploaded! (Sorry currently at work with no pics on the work comp)

@TWIIGG cool, ive seen one or two around. Havent seen any modded ones yet though. I'm really looking forward to getting some offroad stuff on it and going out to the outer banks to see how it compared to the Tacoma.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... fellow New Bernian and Raptor owner here... congrats on the Raptor- you will love it!
P.S., I feel sorry for the poor bastard that had to put the shingles on your roof. :^)

Yeah I shingled the garage but that one I said heck no. They had to use climbing harnesses and rows of step boards.