Finally found that rattle in the back doors!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20140522_161134.jpg

This little metal seatbelt retainer was causing all that tinny rattling that I've been putting up with sense week one. Ford of course could not duplicate the issue..

Wrapped it in a felt like packaging material, reinstalled everything, and the noise is gone!!!

Now to do the other door.

mike.s

Reaction score
Woah, I think I have the same problem. Been hearing a rattle from the back and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I'm gonna have to check this.

OP
OP
69Mach1

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess the packaging material wasn't enough as the sound came back today after some bumpy roads... Atleast I got a few days out of it so I know that was it.

Hoping to tear it back apart Monday.

mike.s

Reaction score
Where is this exactly in the truck? I tried looking in mine but I couldn't find the spot matching your picture.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a rattle behind the outside door handle. Have tried everything to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
69Mach1

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture I found online.
20130401_122341.jpg

It is the black metal guide (black push pin holding it on) that is the only thing left holding the seat belt to the door.

Last edited:

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess the packaging material wasn't enough as the sound came back today after some bumpy roads... Atleast I got a few days out of it so I know that was it.

Hoping to tear it back apart Monday.

Gorilla tape it....it will never come off and the gorrilla tape thick and will eliminate vibration