Finally!!! 1st time Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first post on here. You guys have been very helpful!!! I ordered one back in November from a local dealer in central Florida at MSRP. I STILL don't have a VIN number. I've been looking and calling all over but couldn't find anything under 5K ADM. I been doing this for 2 months. I randomly stopped at a different local dealer yesterday and saw a white one with the options I wanted. I found the GM and explained how frustrated I was and told him I would buy his at MSRP. He told me they had just bought that one for MSRP from another dealership. He said give me $1,000 over MSRP. Now, I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to waste $1,000. I said let's look at my trade. To make a long story short, they gave me more for my platinum then I expected so I did the deal. Couldn't be happier!!!
My point in this is...for those waiting, I think the prices are getting ready to come down to MSRP. The market seems to be getting saturated with 5k over deals. They have to start letting these go. I totally didn't expect to be driving my new Raptor today!!!! Someone posted earlier about being in the right place at the right time. It's 100% true. Good luck to all. Well worth the wait!!!
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Congratulations! Timing makes a big difference in life; glad you hit it right. She looks great!

VicSalinas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats on the new Raptor! might have been me you were talking about being in the right place at the right time. The MSRP deals are out there. I think you're right, more and more dealerships might be realizing their price gouging days are numbered lol. Of course a little patience goes a long way till that deal comes along. Glad you were able to track one down at such a good deal. Enjoy it! I've had mine since last Wednesday and i love every second i spend behind the wheel.

OP
OP
S

Shadow9

Reaction score
congrats on the new Raptor! might have been me you were talking about being in the right place at the right time. The MSRP deals are out there. I think you're right, more and more dealerships might be realizing their price gouging days are numbered lol. Of course a little patience goes a long way till that deal comes along. Glad you were able to track one down at such a good deal. Enjoy it! I've had mine since last Wednesday and i love every second i spend behind the wheel.

You are correct. It was you and I owe you a Thank You!!! I was driving with my wife and we rode by this dealership that I had called the day before so I knew they had a white one. The salesperson told me that day they had bought this unit for MSRP from another dealership so there was no way they'd sell it for that. As we were driving by there, I said to my wife your story about being at the right place at the right time. Would she mind if I stopped. She said that's fine. The rest is history. I'm now a Raptor owner thanks to you. If I'm ever in Dallas, I owe you a beer!! I'm 49 but I feel like I'm 16 every time I drive this. Haha

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome story! I am another who happened to be in the right place at the right time when I got my 17 raptor. I stumbled into my local dealership and walked away with an MSRP deal in February for the only one they had on their lot. Been very happy ever since. Enjoy yours! :cool:

OP
OP
S

Shadow9

Reaction score
Awesome story! I am another who happened to be in the right place at the right time when I got my 17 raptor. I stumbled into my local dealership and walked away with an MSRP deal in February for the only one they had on their lot. Been very happy ever since. Enjoy yours! :cool:

Awesome!!!!