Fake Ford Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly why companies like Nike have stopped selling on Amazon. There is so much fake crap there is no way to tell the difference unless you pull out and just say, if you buy ANY of our products on Amazon they will be fake. They are selling direct to the public to ensure authenticity.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I like to get my parts from someone like Tasca. They are also dealers for all the large brands. They have good prices and their parts are all legit.

It's crazy how much knock-off crap is on Amazon the last few years, especially electronics.
If Tasca would do free shipping, that be nice.. Their shipping rates end up making prices more expensive then local. Atleast to me

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, first I want to say THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM!! Ok, I think I have a batch of genuine and counterfeit plugs mixed together. I pulled one from the batch yesterday and really did my research, decided I had a good plug. Then today I pulled a few more...take a look. Good plug on right, fake on left.

Fake indicators
• Printed logos and tip stripes too bold
• porcelain is off white
• metal threads/body is sort of orange, not bright silver
• iridium tip is not copper color
• ground strap weld to body isn’t clean
• stamped letters are sloppier
• machining on ground strap tip is rough

The bitch if it all? I already gapped them all!!! Damn, haha. Thanks again!

* I don’t know why my photos flip 90 deg to the left when I post, so “left” plug is on bottom. Sorry

07B59725-EB4C-4EE5-BCFA-8B5DFD962EF8.jpeg

FCDF2F01-1A7F-40F9-B03A-B03CB9CB0F9C.jpeg

6B7ABC82-8ACC-4B94-8BB7-74C52119DEBB.jpeg

685A8922-0360-4DC8-94A2-93FFFE36A8E7.jpeg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons that we do not sell ANYTHING on Amazon.

That and then Amazon uses the data from their 3rd party sellers. Will then begin competing against you, violating MAP, and the manufacturers may or may not do anything about because they’re selling millions to Amazon.

Or, in the case of our friends over at BuiltRight, Amazon actively helped counterfeiters knock-off his rear seat release kits.

My recommendation: don’t buy your parts on Amazon. A lot of fake Rigid and fake Baja Designs products on there as well, just to name a few.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Tasca would do free shipping, that be nice.. Their shipping rates end up making prices more expensive then local. At least to me

I'm from PA so I'm less than 300 miles from them. Their shipping has always been cheap for me.

This is one of the reasons that we do not sell ANYTHING on Amazon.

That and then Amazon uses the data from their 3rd party sellers. Will then begin competing against you, violating MAP, and the manufacturers may or may not do anything about because they’re selling millions to Amazon.

Or, in the case of our friends over at BuiltRight, Amazon actively helped counterfeiters knock-off his rear seat release kits.

My recommendation: don’t buy your parts on Amazon. A lot of fake Rigid and fake Baja Designs products on there as well, just to name a few.

That really surprised when you told me this the other day when we were talking. That's a whole higher level of scumbag behavior to actively help knock off someone's design. After we spoke I went and looked on Amazon and there's a bunch of obvious knock offs of the BuiltRight strap. One more reason for me to not like Jeff Bezos.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a couple of MC oil filters from Amazon - Amazon was the seller. In the past, I've always received the oil filters packaged in MC boxes. This time, I open the box and found both filters just sitting in the box. Two questions... has anyone purchased legit MC oil filters without a box? If these are legit, would you use them? I'm concerned about crap finding its way into these filters - who knows where they've been.

IMG_1507.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Two questions... has anyone purchased legit MC oil filters without a box? If these are legit, would you use them? I'm concerned about crap finding its way into these filters - who knows where they've been.

No, and no. Respectively.

I like Amazon for what it is, but I dislike it for being the new eBay where you can find any cheap knock off of anything you want. I’ve gotten some decent stuff from Amazon but I’ve gotten some sketchy stuff too and am getting more wary. Those filters may be new, but they’re unpackaged and as you rightly point out - not good. it’s not limited to amazon either, I’ve gotten used oil in a Rotella bottle from Walmart. For me though, the ultimate ‘are you crazy’ was my wife getting a mail prescription of ibuprofen. She got a 3 month supply and the pills were loose in the box. She was picking them up and re-bottling them when I came downstairs for more coffee and commented ‘look at this BS’ I said Don’t use them, send them back. she balked and I retorted with “Tylenol cyanide murders”.

10 minutes later she was calling the prescription provider. For you millennials: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, Smurf! I'm sending these back.

I see that Tasca offers a 12 pack of OEM filters w/o a box. I'm guessing Amazon buys these things in bulk and then just throws them in a box for shipping.

And yeah... I wouldn't be using any prescription pills floating around in the box... good call!