Fake Ford Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought a fleet pack of MC oil filters from Amazon. Anybody see any fake ones out there?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for posting that...didn't know that was an issue yet, but I should've guessed.

Amazon has become so ridiculous with counterfeit crap. And they do nothing. And apparently their system for third-party vendors encourages it...spec a part number and if you have the best price, you win all the sales.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amazon is becoming worthless.

I got some counterfeit jeans from there and reported it, posted a review as well.

never heard from amazon and review was removed for violating terms.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to ensure authentic products is to buy direct. I buy most my parts from the manufacturer’s site. The more demand for a product the more likely it’s counterfeit. These counterfeit products will work and some people may never know, but it’s like paying for quality brand tools and getting harbor freight quality. Designer clothes, woman’s make-up and yes parts and tools are sold everywhere. A store wants to buy in bulk they look for the best deal, they do not know they are buying a large inventory of fake merchandise and sell it, even places like AutoZone (just example of a large auto store) can unwillingly sell counterfeits if they don’t buy exclusively direct. The way I see it, if a place sells below market price then they maybe unintentionally buying counterfeit inventory. These counterfeits are so good that they cannot be easily identified; it may have to be sent to the manufacturer for testing and verification. It is hard for Amazon to tell if someone using Amazon to sell merchandise is selling fakes, they have to be notified with proof and all they can do is report and ban the seller, the seller just changes the company name and returns. This will always be a problem until the original source is stopped. China is not our friend.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had some people bring their own parts in for repairs that were "motorcraft". Not bad counterfeit parts but like the video once you compare the boxes there are a few small differences.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know if NGKs are fake? Any tell tale signs? I bought some plugs from a reputable seller on eBay, but now I’m a little nervous.

I think I’m going to take one down to Autozone and compare.

Last edited:

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After digging around online and understanding more about what to look for, these look good. Still going to Autozone to compare.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why I like to get my parts from someone like Tasca. They are also dealers for all the large brands. They have good prices and their parts are all legit.

It's crazy how much knock-off crap is on Amazon the last few years, especially electronics.