Fair value on a 2021 gen3 trade in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutley, why give the dealer the markup! They will buy wholesale...you make the $$$ not them. I did exactly this and made 10K profit on my old truck. Dealers offered 4K profit.
Unless you’re in a state with tax advantage on trade. Last trade net me a few thousand more than selling private party (and I tried hard).

Derrick

Reaction score
Those are options I will consider and can sell it now or wait for confirmation then try to sell. The dealer is giving me almost what I paid for it at that time and since the original deal is not valid I am not locked in.

Mars911red

Reaction score
If it were me and the dealer was giving me close to what I paid for it, unless I had someone wanting to pay me a lot more, I would trade it in on the new one and consider driving it around was practically free. (And possibly deductible for any loss or expense if it is a business vehicle.)

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor prices dropping
Haaaaa haaaa
Dream on
Used prices holding strong
New —- good luck with msrp
Back to sleep
Market incredibly strong

4DPWR

Reaction score
Luckily in Ontario we can buy at MSRP all day long. Getting the truck after it's ordered is a completely different story.

mts

Reaction score
This is a loaded used 2021 (4k miles) I've been watching on Cars.com. Price has dropped a bunch, but still over it's new MSRP. I suspect it will continue to fall in the coming months.

Capture.PNG