FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarkinBanks

Reaction score
Thx jweigand!!!

Ran the patch from the Dropbox location and I am back to the "Raptor SVT" splash.

Great Job!

HB

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi Guys
after complete my 2015 f150 update to the 3.8 i ve lost 4 heated and cooled seat icons from screen.is there anyway to take those 4 seats icons back to the my mft screen?thx

Just a few thoughts on this problem:

If an update removed the seat icons, I assume installing another update should fix the problem.

When I searched for the 3.8 update, the Sync website asked that I do a vehicle heath report before the update. I think this indicates to them which version is currently running and generates or retrieves the proper update file. Then the update was available for me to download. However, I did get the Lincoln display as others have, which was fixed by the patch.

I noticed the autoinstall file contained a default. I suspect somehow your previous version was different than what is in the list and you got the default files, (i.e. a bad update file for your truck). Trying to reinstall 3.8 will not work because it probably isn't in the list of "install from older version" because it already has the latest version number, so it just reinstalls the default. That is probably why the Ford dealer failed to fix it.

(Note: the following text was changed to red because I was unable to find any seat files, and it did not work)
The fix would probably be to get a good full 3.8 update file (not the patch) and add your current version to the autoinstall file, like this:
;;;
;;; The following are the 3.08.XXXXX files
;;;
[SYNCGen2_3.08.XXXXX]
;;; (files needed for seats)

This should hopefully reinstall the 3.8 updates, and include the seat icons. There is a big assumption here that the seat icons are included in the 3.8 update. If not, this would take further digging into the problem.

Note, this is all just a guess on my part. I am still trying to work on changing the initial splash (white - door open) screen before the Raptor logo, and I am having problems, so I don't fully understand the software syntax yet. But I will try to work on it. Perhaps others could assist with my guesses on why the seats disappeared.

It might be helpful if you send the file you used for the update that caused the problem. This may provide the section of the update that changed the seat icons in the first place.

John
NASA Software Engineer
(Why yes, I are a Rocket Scientist)

Last edited:

sdt532000

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts on this problem:

If an update removed the seat icons, I assume installing another update should fix the problem.

When I searched for the 3.8 update, the Sync website asked that I do a vehicle heath report before the update. I think this indicates to them which version is currently running and generates or retrieves the proper update file. Then the update was available for me to download. However, I did get the Lincoln display as others have, which was fixed by the patch.

I noticed the autoinstall file contained a default. I suspect somehow your previous version was different than what is in the list and you got the default files, (i.e. a bad update file for your truck). Trying to reinstall 3.8 will not work because it probably isn't in the list of "install from older version" because it already has the latest version number, so it just reinstalls the default. That is probably why the Ford dealer failed to fix it.

The fix would probably be to get a good full 3.8 update file (not the patch) and add your current version to the bottom of the autoinstall file, like this:
;;;
;;; The following tags are software versions supported by this update
;;;
[SYNCGen2_3.08.XXXXX]

This should hopefully reinstall the 3.8 updates, and include the seat icons. There is a big assumption here that the seat icons are included in the 3.8 update. If not, this would take further digging into the problem.

Note, this is all just a guess on my part. I am still trying to work on changing the initial splash (white - door open) screen before the Raptor logo, and I am having problems, so I don't fully understand the software syntax yet. But I will try to work on it. Perhaps others could assist with my guesses on why the seats disappeared.

It might be helpful if you send the file you used for the update that caused the problem. This may provide the section of the update that changed the seat icons in the first place.

John
NASA Software Engineer
(Why yes, I are a Rocket Scientist)
hello John thx for reply
you mean is replace autoinstal file from 3.7 update and tried 3.8 with that?

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did some more searching inside the upgrade files but I didn't see anything for the seats. I found lots of other interesting stuff for Mustang, Lincoln, Nav, etc. So I believe the upgrade unfortunately only includes the new features, not a full set. So the next step is to do a Master Reset to get back to the factory default settings. Unfortunately I see you already tried this without success. Before the next thing, you may want to do a Master Reset again.

The next thing to try may be a hard Sync reboot. First remove all connected USBs or other connections. Then remove the negative battery cable and wait 5 min. Reconnect the battery cable and start the engine. The Sync should indicate it is rebooting. This was the fix for many of the earlier Sync system problems, so it may work.

I also did a lot of reading of other posts on Sync topics. If the reboot doesn't work, I believe Auto-Hentzschel is correct in that the APIM module is having problems. If so, I think this can only be done by the dealer.

Sorry I couldn't help you on this. Hopefully the reboot will work.