Factory recommended services besides oil changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I'm reading the manual correctly there are no services called for in the first 20,000 miles besides oil changes, correct? Cabin filter at 20k, air filter at 30K, plugs and belts at 100K, looks like everything that's called for besides the usual checks. I'm only a little over 5K, just did my first oil change, just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s my understanding, but watching this to be sure. Did my first oil change at 8k, next one at 14k. Had to change my air filter, damn dusty roads

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i recommend the full service.
they will grab your shifter and make you turn your steering wheel and cough. change your filters because they probably had leakage on them. lube your exhaust pipe and stuff a camera up there to do a full scope.

usually the first service comes back clean unless you rode hard and had mechanical issues

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm only a little over 5K, just did my first oil change, just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks.

Whoa. How in the heck do you keep from smelling like an oil refinery?

ok, in all seriousness, check the inside of your front tires. We have several users reporting inside wear on the rear of every other ‘cleat’ ( I think that’s what we’re calling them ) on the KO2’s. My truck has the same wear pattern and alignment is fine. So, if you have this wear pattern too, rotate the tires sooner.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at 10k miles and just did my second Mobil1 oil change. My only concern is that there are no official records of maintenance being done since I’m doing it myself at home should a warranty issue arise (*knocking on wood*)

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at 10k miles and just did my second Mobil1 oil change. My only concern is that there is no official records of maintenance being done since I’m doing it myself at home should a warranty issue arise (*knocking on wood*)

Couple ideas. Buy the oil and filter from an online Ford dealership. Keep the receipt. Looks better than showing them a Walmart receipt, should you need to prove you did maintenance

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple ideas. Buy the oil and filter from an online Ford dealership. Keep the receipt. Looks better than showing them a Walmart receipt, should you need to prove you did maintenance

update the service record in FordPass app attach the copy of the receipt within the app

3F15436B-8D72-42DB-9E16-6A61EBE9BAC4.png

Last edited: