Factory fail?... power to upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgleevn

Reaction score
I've been attempting to power a radar detector using an upfitter switch, but for all that is good on this green earth, I cannot get it done. 2018 Raptor, so "hot" is the loom on the driver's side (regardless I've checked all 3X bundles) and I cannot find power. I am afraid that I have a bunk build and factory failed to wire the switches properly. I am assuming that the switches will illuminate BLUE for OFF, and ORANGE for ON: is this correct? if so... I only have illuminated BLUE when the switch is forward or OFF and no illumination (orange, blue, red, or otherwise) on any of the 6 upfitter switches when flipped ON. Just so we're clear, I've tried every combination I can think of: vehicle running, each wire at each end of bundles (18 wires total) with all switches forward (OFF? BLUE?) and then flipped (backward, ON? ORANGE?)... So I've come to the conclusion I will need to bring to warranty shop for PITA wiring diagnosis and repair, which I have read that at least one other 2018 Raptor owner has experienced as well. Do you Raptor geniuses/lovers agree?

Edit: Fuses were also checked and ok...

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thought they uplifter wires were in the passenger footwell, not drivers side.

OP
OP
mcgleevn

mcgleevn

Reaction score
I was simply referring to the change from MY 17 to 18 where the underhood wiring was swapped...

MY18: underhood: closest to engine = hot, closest to fender = pass-through to wires located on passenger footwell ---> I tested them all just to eliminate any and all questions in my mind...

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was simply referring to the change from MY 17 to 18 where the underhood wiring was swapped...

MY18: underhood: closest to engine = hot, closest to fender = pass-through to wires located on passenger footwell ---> I tested them all

just to eliminate any and all questions in my mind...

Thats all correct for my 2018, built in april 2018. The wires are only hot with the engine running.

Switch back is off, and flip forwar to on, and yellow light comes on. Again with engine running.

OP
OP
mcgleevn

mcgleevn

Reaction score
Odd... when my switches are forward (flipped towards front of vehicle) they have NO light of any color.

When the switch is flipped back (towards the rear of the vehicle) the lights are blue...

Disregarding the lights for now, which position is "ON"?

*** Mounting inside cab

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Odd... when my switches are forward (flipped towards front of vehicle) they have NO light of any color.

When the switch is flipped back (towards the rear of the vehicle) the lights are blue...

Disregarding the lights for now, which position is "ON"?

*** Mounting inside cab
Towards the windshield on, back towards the cabin off. If they don’t illuminate to orangeish when forward then I think I would start there. Might need to take it in to the dealer.

OP
OP
mcgleevn

mcgleevn

Reaction score
johnkn - I think I'm going that route... I know what needs to happen to get this electrical issue diagnosed and I'm not real interested to be honest... maybe later...?

I just liked the idea of using one of the switches but mirror tap will be alot simpler either way. Thanks for sharing.