Upfitter switches… No power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The switch illumination is powered by separate power and ground circuits, so they will still light up blue regardless of relay power. The switch power comes from Fuse F2 in the BCM, which is powered by the Accessory Delay Relay. The Accessory Delay Relay also powers the rear windows and rear sliding window, so of those are working then the relay is functioning.

Possibilities include an Open at Fuse F2 in the BCM, an open between the BCM and switches, an open between the switches and BJB, or a bad ground at the BJB (G102).

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
The switch illumination is powered by separate power and ground circuits, so they will still light up blue regardless of relay power. The switch power comes from Fuse F2 in the BCM, which is powered by the Accessory Delay Relay. The Accessory Delay Relay also powers the rear windows and rear sliding window, so of those are working then the relay is functioning.

Possibilities include an Open at Fuse F2 in the BCM, an open between the BCM and switches, an open between the switches and BJB, or a bad ground at the BJB (G102).
Thank FordTechOne for the explanation on how the switches are powered and the ground location.
I’ll check all the fuses again. I’m starting to wonder if this maybe just a loose connection to the switches? I know it’s a long shot but the wiring connector was not clipped in all the way and came out? Everything was working great before a week or so ago.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
Problem solved!!!!FordTechOne your the best!
I installed a fuse tap about a month ago for some interior lighting and used f2 accessory delay relay. I had checked that fuse to see if it was the problem and I had power there on the front fuse with my test light and my new interior lights were working so I moved on to check other fuses.
I just checked that same fuse and I removed the tap and noticed that the back fuse the original f2 fuse was not pushed in all the way!
I pulled the fuse and reinstalled and now I have power to the upfitters!!
Again….FordTechOne to the rescue!
Thanks again!