Upfitter switches… No power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallybosch

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has has this problem but I have no power to my upfitter switches? I have a 2022 gen 3
and have Diode Dynamics ditch lights hooked up to switch 5 and everything was working fine for 4 months. Now I have no power to any switch? The switches light up with the blue lights when off…. but when I flip the switch on it does not light up orange anymore? Also switch one does not power the factory fogs? I’m thinking it must be a grounding issue (already checked all fuses) but have no idea where to look for that. Has anyone else had this problem?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sorry to ask the obvious, but you have the ignition on, correct?

One time a whackadoodle woman neighbor of mine called me over because her car she drove every day for years wouldn't shift out of park. I come over and watch her try to put it in gear, then told her to step on the brake pedal.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
yes the truck was started.
Sorry to ask the obvious, but you have the ignition on, correct?

One time a whackadoodle woman neighbor of mine called me over because her car she drove every day for years wouldn't shift out of park. I come over and watch her try to put it in gear, then told her to step on the brake pedal.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Maybe move the relays around? I haven't messed with them on the Gen3 but on the Gen1 you can hear a relay click when you flip the switch. At least that's how I remember it.

Beyond that I am no help, unless it's something you can turn on and off with forscan and someone fat fingered something. Best of luck.

Oh yeah, make sure all the fuses and relays are seated. They were not pushed all the way in on both our Gen3's.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
I do need to correct one thing….the DD pro pod lights are on aux 4 the 10 amp circuit. Not aux 5 that’s only 5 amp.
Each pod draws 2.7 amps so 5.4 total so I’m not overloading circuit.

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
Maybe move the relays around? I haven't messed with them on the Gen3 but on the Gen1 you can hear a relay click when you flip the switch. At least that's how I remember it.

Beyond that I am no help, unless it's something you can turn on and off with forscan and someone fat fingered something. Best of luck.

Oh yeah, make sure all the fuses and relays are seated. They were not pushed all the way in on both our Gen3's.
Yep…I made sure all fuses are fully seated as soon as I took delivery. I did fine some that were loose by the way!

Well at this point looks like I’ll have to take it to the dealer and have them figure this out. I guess I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
I need to make a service appointment for my drivers side amber light flickering issue. I think they are supposed to have a fix for that soon.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you hook up to the correct bundle of wires? There are 2 bundles near the battery. Choose wisely

Did you ground all your extra lights correctly? That could have zapped the fuses. Have you checked them?

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
Did you hook up to the correct bundle of wires? There are 2 bundles near the battery. Choose wisely

Did you ground all your extra lights correctly? That could have zapped the fuses. Have you checked them?
Yes everything is wired correctly. Everything was working fine for over four months and now no power to any switch. I checked all the fuses they are all good. I’m thinking this is a grounding issue but don’t know where the ground would be located for the switches.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes everything is wired correctly. Everything was working fine for over four months and now no power to any switch. I checked all the fuses they are all good. I’m thinking this is a grounding issue but don’t know where the ground would be located for the switches.
Sorry, I skimmed the initial post too fast. Completely jumped over the sentence about it working for four months. Ha.

Sorry for the troubles. Odd that’s the only thing not working.