F150 Mid-Year Price Increases....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What‘s the advantage in paying a higher price and netting only say 5 years out of an 8 year warranty…by waiting before manufacture warranty expires?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What‘s the advantage in paying a higher price and netting only say 5 years out of an 8 year warranty…by waiting before manufacture warranty expires?
thats the gamble you take wether or not the price changes a lot. btw that extended warranty doesn't start until after the bumper to bumper expires. so you are not netting anything different than if you bought it up front. if you have to finance it then you are better off waiting because the higher price is pretty much a wash compared to finance charges. if you plan on keeping it for a very long time I guess it doesn't make a bit of difference. but if you keep vehicles for not that long it might be not worth it. the most expensive part to fix (i.e. drivetrain) is covered til 60k any way

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats the gamble you take wether or not the price changes a lot. btw that extended warranty doesn't start until after the bumper to bumper expires. so you are not netting anything different than if you bought it up front. if you have to finance it then you are better off waiting because the higher price is pretty much a wash compared to finance charges. if you plan on keeping it for a very long time I guess it doesn't make a bit of difference. but if you keep vehicles for not that long it might be not worth it. the most expensive part to fix (i.e. drivetrain) is covered til 60k any way
Good points! Oh, and I’m definitely hanging on to this ride and I’m not one to lump all that garbage (as I call it) into the contract. Lol

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got both right from the start. guess what when I get the new 22' ill pretty much only get half my money back and got a dozen oil changes and a set a wipers, oh not to mention tire rotation. haven't got to the point that the maintenance plan helped me yet. only helps towards the end when the higher cost things happen like brakes and shocks. I just got to 36k. I am just using the extended warranty if indeed I need it. so if I get rid of it in a year it was a waste. just speaking from experience. but if you keep your vehicles a long time. I say there's a better chance it well worth the insurance policy. I personally again will get the maintenance plan because it starts right from the start and is prorated if you get rid of early. but the extended warranty I will wait until the bumper to bumper ends when I know wether or not I am keeping longer. proration begins from when you purchase even though it doesn't kick in until after factory warranty ends.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t think the “start until after the bumper to bumper expires” is exactly correct”. This is an excerpt from Flood Ford’s site…

When will my extended warranty begin and end?
Your warranty will begin from your vehicle's original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage of your vehicle when it was first sold from the dealer as a new vehicle. If you do not know the original retail date you can find it in the FordPass app. Enter your VIN in the app then navigate to Vehicle Details->Warranty->Warranty Start Date.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Littlefx4 has it. The Flood Ford warranty is a Ford ESP, not some aftermarket warranty. The ESP may run ‘concurrent’ with your ESP. That is, you buy in December. In January you buy Flood, or someone else’s better priced ESP (good luck) for 8 years / 125k. The 8 years begins the day you bought the truck, not the 3 year anniversary of you buying the truck.

Full disclosure: I bought the Ford ESP via Flood. My local stealership knew of it the next service visit, the same week.

I believe there’s another dealer who is competitive with Flood. Sometimes they’re better, sometimes even, sometimes not - I don’t recall the name of the other well known dealer selling the Ford ESP at basically cost.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t think the “start until after the bumper to bumper expires” is exactly correct”. This is an excerpt from Flood Ford’s site…

When will my extended warranty begin and end?
Your warranty will begin from your vehicle's original in-service date and mileage. This is the date and mileage of your vehicle when it was first sold from the dealer as a new vehicle. If you do not know the original retail date you can find it in the FordPass app. Enter your VIN in the app then navigate to Vehicle Details->Warranty->Warranty Start Date.
you might be right about it starting the day you put the truck in service thats regardless of when you buy it. if you buy it later the contract will be back dated to the date you put truck in service. I may be wrong it works just like if you buy the Maintenance. I got my maintenance plan at 5k. first oil change and they charged the same and contract was written up starting when I bought the car. I believe regardless if the ESP runs concurrent with the bumper to bumper. the dealer will will always go under the bumper to bumper because its all inclusive and completely billable to ford the ESP is not so. me personally in the future I will get the maintenance at the time I get my first oil change and wait till bumper to bumper 36k warranty is about to end. everybody's circumstances are different.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Littlefx4 has it. The Flood Ford warranty is a Ford ESP, not some aftermarket warranty. The ESP may run ‘concurrent’ with your ESP. That is, you buy in December. In January you buy Flood, or someone else’s better priced ESP (good luck) for 8 years / 125k. The 8 years begins the day you bought the truck, not the 3 year anniversary of you buying the truck.

Full disclosure: I bought the Ford ESP via Flood. My local stealership knew of it the next service visit, the same week.

I believe there’s another dealer who is competitive with Flood. Sometimes they’re better, sometimes even, sometimes not - I don’t recall the name of the other well known dealer selling the Ford ESP at basically cost.
floodfordesp is fords warranty unfortunately the dealer will mark it up. id just go with them directly not thru the dealer unless they match the price.