Extended Warranty

Do you plan on purchasing Extended Warranty

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly correct. Seems like a pretty good deal for that price to me.
Tracking and yes, I think it is a pretty good deal. That is almost what I paid for my 7 year 100k warranty on the Gen 1. I expected it to be about a grand more without having done any prior research.

I used it once on the Gen 1. Starter gear failed and chewed 2 teeth off the flywheel. I paid $100 and they replaced the flywheel and the starter quickly and without any drama. That more than paid for itself.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the extended warranties are somewhat misleading to the average new car buyer. Take the 8/100k extended warranty for example. Your new Raptor comes with a 3/36k bumper-to-bumper (zero deductible) factory warranty from FMC. In reality you are paying for a 5/64k extended warranty with a $100 deductible.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I bought one for my 2017 and never used it. Bout to hit 5 years and 60k miles and I’m rolling into a gen 3 soon. So I won’t get another for the new truck. But if you plan on having your truck past that I would!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the extended warranties are somewhat misleading to the average new car buyer. Take the 8/100k extended warranty for example. Your new Raptor comes with a 3/36k bumper-to-bumper (zero deductible) factory warranty from FMC. In reality you are paying for a 5/64k extended warranty with a $100 deductible.
Just give me the years baby! (I don’t drive a lot of miles)

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
I ended up buying 5 year extended no deductible for $1500 at end of my factory warranty I think it was good deal. Have already used it

Crool88

Reaction score
Anyone considering the maintenance plan through Ford? If you really hold them to the maintenance schedule in the manual, it seems like it would more that pay for itself.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Anyone considering the maintenance plan through Ford? If you really hold them to the maintenance schedule in the manual, it seems like it would more that pay for itself.
What are they charging? And does it cover every service recommended?

Crool88

Reaction score
What are they charging? And does it cover every service recommended?
7 year, 125k with $50 deductible is $2,100 to $2,200 depending on which old change mileage interval you select. Oil changes alone will eat into it pretty good. I don't know how much all of this stuff costs out of pocket. 6619DC73-62AF-4125-8DEF-B2BEF2CE3FDB.jpeg

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get it primarily because the price of a service visit is "x" right now - in 3-7 years it will be more.....heck maybe in a few months the way things are going

Attachments

• 2021 Premium Maintenance Plan Brochure.pdf
    467.8 KB · Views: 62