California ESP - Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I am still debating on how long I’ll keep this amazing truck, I decided to finally purchase an extended warranty.
Flood Ford and Zeigler don’t seem to offer the service for trucks registered in California.
I checked on Ford’s website and same thing. Can’t do it in California.
I can’t seem to find a reason for this.
Any help/ advice appreciated.
(No, we can’t move out of CA - at least not in the next few years).

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I am still debating on how long I’ll keep this amazing truck, I decided to finally purchase an extended warranty.
Flood Ford and Ziegler don’t seem to offer the service for trucks registered in California.
I checked on Ford’s website and same thing. Can’t do it in California.
I can’t seem to find a reason for this.
Any help/ advice appreciated.
(No, we can’t move out of CA - at least not in the next few years).
I got mine from Ziegler and I'm in CA. My dealer mentioned that I am covered until 150k and it lists it in my Ford.com account and on Ford Pass App. I did buy the vehicle out of state but didn't put the warranty on the vehicle until 10k in. It was registered in CA since purchase. Got my CA plates in the mail 2 months after purchase.

I would call Ziegler and Flood.

Last edited:

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought from Flood, but it was right before the cutoff date of 3/1. I didn't see a reason as to why they stopped selling to CA residents. Call them both as others have said.

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there some type of new policy added and Wednesday was the start of it?
I'm not aware of a new policy. Getting the ESP was on the list of things to do for me and I just happened to check on Tuesday 2/28. I posted this in the "What did you do threads" on both Gen2/3 - this was the language on the options page when I was purchasing:

Prices good thru 3/1/2023. Please click on the price to purchase.

CA sales will end on 3/1/2023.

There will be a large price increase(+10%) on 3/2/2023 for most states.

Pay by e-check and save up to $50.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought from Flood, but it was right before the cutoff date of 3/1. I didn't see a reason as to why they stopped selling to CA residents. Call them both as others have said.
If it’s anything like Florida, the dealer lobbyist groups had legislation enacted to prevent people from buying out of state warranties. That way the in-state dealers can mark up the extended warranty contracts as high as they want since they have a captive audience.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it’s anything like Florida, the dealer lobbyist groups had legislation enacted to prevent people from buying out of state warranties. That way the in-state dealers can mark up the extended warranty contracts as high as they want since they have a captive audience.
I cant understand why anyone would want to live in California at this point.

OP
OP
A

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.
Just left a message at Flood.
Will try Zeigler. I wish I’d known about the 3/1 cutoff.
These regulations and changes are getting old.
I did get my truck in TX and in about 14 months I have over 19k miles on it (2.5 months at the dealership… for auto wipers not working… don’t ask… on the plus side I spent the majority of that time in the Middle East so it didn’t bother me much. Yes they do work now).

Last edited: