California ESP - Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s capo ford?? Ken Grody in Buena Park quoted me 4yr/60k for $6500 !!
Yep, Capo Ford gave me that price. Good luck man Looks like Buena Park is trying to bend you over! I'm sure you already know, but look at any and all dealerships, the warranty is good at any of them regardless of where you buy it

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any luck from anyone? All the prices I have seen or been getting are outrageous.
For the prices they are asking in CA I’d just roll the dice and pay for items that break. I’d never bother going to the dealer either. There are plenty of off-road shops and truck shops that have qualified mechanics.

I was able to buy from Granger Ford out of state before that law passed. 150k/8 years was exactly $3000 for full coverage. Looking back now that I’m 20k miles into my truck in year 1, I probably just wasted $3k.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the prices they are asking in CA I’d just roll the dice and pay for items that break. I’d never bother going to the dealer either. There are plenty of off-road shops and truck shops that have qualified mechanics.

I was able to buy from Granger Ford out of state before that law passed. 150k/8 years was exactly $3000 for full coverage. Looking back now that I’m 20k miles into my truck in year 1, I probably just wasted $3k.
It’s not a waste cause any unused portion of your ESP is (or should be) fully refundable.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Did anyone find a viable option here at a reasonable price? Likely picking up a 23 out of state within the next month. Could I add the ESP at purchase at the dealer before they register it? Or call Zeigler/Flood as I'm buying?

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Also any success or failures with just buying the warranty online using a different address? I have family in AZ and intend on doing this if I cant find a CA dealer willing to work with me.