California ESP - Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That CA law is criminal and BS. I live in PA just got an 8yr, 100k, $100 deductible from Granger on my 2023 for $1,840 (with first day rental, LED lighting, and key replacement adds). No way should you have to pay 81% more for no good reason other than the industry lobbyists paid off CA legislators. But I forgot, they claim they are doing it to "protect" buyers lol. Buyers need to be protected from these type of laws.
Such BS, couldn't agree more!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Write your state legislators and show them the numbers. They probably don’t realize what they have done. All though most of these laws are designed to push people away from ICE vehicles and into electric trash.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Write your state legislators and show them the numbers. They probably don’t realize what they have done. All though most of these laws are designed to push people away from ICE vehicles and into electric trash.
Its typical commiefornia tactics. They dont want people to own Internal Combustion cars. Extending their service life would be counter to their ideology.

OP
OP
A

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I want an extended warranty on my Tesla (never actually looked into it)? (Not a real question and yes I do have a Tesla too).
The reality is the lack of ability to purchase my extended warranty from my preferred broker is making me think about registering out of state, not buy an EV.
Buying another EV, to me, is totally independent from these stupid laws and much more based on the manufacturers offerings.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those folks in California, what are the dealers quoting you for a ESP?

I remember in February about to purchase a ESP but thought I’d wait it out until my current warranty expires. SMH

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also in Cali and looking for a competitive dealer for ESP.
Any dealer in Cali step into the void created by this nonsense?