Extended Warranty

Do you plan on purchasing Extended Warranty

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone considering the maintenance plan through Ford? If you really hold them to the maintenance schedule in the manual, it seems like it would more that pay for itself.
I change my oil yearly, just due to age, not mileage. I'd have to keep the truck a very long time for the maintenance plan to pay off.

josh1017

Reaction score
I’m patiently (not so patiently) waiting on MY 22 Gen 3. I don’t purchase the extended warranty for any vehicles I’ve owned but I am considering it for this since I’ve never spent this much on a vehicle before. Is the consensus that it’s best to wait until the 3/36 from factory is over and then buy extended or buy right from the beginning? I would think the smart thing to do is to wait until factory is over isn’t it.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m patiently (not so patiently) waiting on MY 22 Gen 3. I don’t purchase the extended warranty for any vehicles I’ve owned but I am considering it for this since I’ve never spent this much on a vehicle before. Is the consensus that it’s best to wait until the 3/36 from factory is over and then buy extended or buy right from the beginning? I would think the smart thing to do is to wait until factory is over isn’t it.
If you are going to buy …go to flood ford and get a quote. They are the easier and typically the lowest price.

Do it before the warranty expires. If you’re warranty expires , the policy goes up in price and some dealerships require an inspection prior to warranty inception. The extended warranties help your resale as well. The amount of technology on the trucks is staggering and they are becoming Range Rover like in their electrical issues.
Cheers

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with extended maintenance is you need a) major miles put on your rig B) just want to take it in and have work done cause you don’t know anything about cars or your too busy to care

The drive train fluids would be a 1 time change is you do a 50k swap and Ford states life time. There is a lot of oil and filters to on top of the $50 deductible plus that may only include conventional oil and not synthetic l. Not to mention a lot of those items are complementary with Ford oil change.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never buy warranty on anything, but the warranty from Ford is relatively cheap imo. Only thing I wish the warranty covered were rebuilding the shocks as well. That would have been a nice perk. Since the cam phasers are almost guaranteed to go out, just having that replaced once out of warranty would easily pay for itself already. Personally, if I can go 8 years/150k miles without having to use the warranty once, that'll be great, because I'll know I have a solid truck.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so I'm on the flood ford website looking at an extended warranty for whenever it is my truck might come in. A few questions. It appears that the warranty is for up to 8 years max, but that would technically be 5 years because the first 3 years is a bumper to bumper factory warranty 3yr/36k? I think this was stated in the post above. My second question is which to choose? Powertrain care is the minimum , but it looks like you would at least want the Base Care to add in Steering, Brakes, Front Suspension, Electrical, AC and Heat. Stepping up to the Extra care adds High Tech but does that include alll of the sensors and computers associated with adaptive cruise control ect? Premium only adds Emissions, audio and safety but can include all the tech and cameras also possibly?

OP
OP
CookieMonster11b

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I'm on the flood ford website looking at an extended warranty for whenever it is my truck might come in. A few questions. It appears that the warranty is for up to 8 years max, but that would technically be 5 years because the first 3 years is a bumper to bumper factory warranty 3yr/36k? I think this was stated in the post above. My second question is which to choose? Powertrain care is the minimum , but it looks like you would at least want the Base Care to add in Steering, Brakes, Front Suspension, Electrical, AC and Heat. Stepping up to the Extra care adds High Tech but does that include alll of the sensors and computers associated with adaptive cruise control ect? Premium only adds Emissions, audio and safety but can include all the tech and cameras also possibly?
I'd probably go Extra care, because you're in California, i think anything that's emissions-related is covered