Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get guys calling me all the time wanting to extend my vehicle coverage- send me your # and I’ll give it to them.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read that here in CA you can only buy esp from the dealer at time of purchase.....anyone know if this is valid? Something about consumer protection, sounds more like one more reason to hate the a##holes in Sacramento
I would just call Flood ford and ask. its straight from the horses mouth and they don't mess around.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read that here in CA you can only buy esp from the dealer at time of purchase.....anyone know if this is valid? Something about consumer protection, sounds more like one more reason to hate the a##holes in Sacramento
I am in Commiefornia. I bought my extended warranty through the dealer, but I printed out the plan that I wanted from Ford.com with the pricing, handed it over to the dealer during the purchase, and told them that’s what I want and that’s the price that I am paying. They added it to the total. The only reason I did it through the dealer is that I wanted the amount included in the loan.
But I haven’t heard of any restrictions on buying directly from Ford.com

Jorge

Reaction score
Florida requires ESP through dealership, what a load of crap. Wouldn't help with my mods, anyway. Drive it like a rental!
Not True. I live in Florida and although I can not get Ford Flood I did purchase my extended warranty through Zeigler.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on the surface, it appears that I might be able to buy from Flood here in CA, at least it didn't kick me out online as when I was doing the research, and it asked what state I was in. It is a bummer that the warranty starts from the in-service date vs. when the factory warranty expires (I know it is all relevant). Some questions: I could not find the sunroof on the list of covered items, I am assuming it would be covered? Are the rental car upgrades worth it? (opinion) The premium care seams to be the only one that makes sense based on how complex these trucks are, any opinions or experiences? I am a low mile driver these days, and while I wish I could keep a truck 8 years, I know that won't happen, so now do I buy the 8 year in hopes that it helps resale value at some point in the future with the transferrable warranty? What happens if I ad an aftermarket bumper and relocate the ACC bracket? I never buy extended warranties, but I have never planned on keeping a vehicle. Opinions and experiences welcome.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I just confirmed with Flood Ford that they can't sell an ESP to anyone with a FL home address. All other 49 states are good, including CA.

I was worried since I'm buying mine in FL, but I live in TX so he said I'm good. It's based off your home address.

ravis22

Reaction score
Looks like to get the Ford ESP, the truck has to have less than 41k miles. I’m sure there are other third party warranties you can get, but not sure how confident I feel about them. Generally I never buy extended warranties, but looking to buy a used raptor and given the price, it would be nice to have some coverage/piece of mind, even if just for tue first year or two of ownership, since you don’t always know how the previous owner treated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter