Extended Engine Cranking when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asg0524

Reaction score
I’m the same. I’ve also noticed it more when the tank is around 3/4 full or more which is what led my tech to believe it may be a similar issue to the 7.3s
Any word yet?

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any word yet?
Got the fuel pump replaced last week. Been waiting for more cycles to give a full report but so far so good.

They also seemingly took care of my exhaust rattle. Replaced a big piece of the exhaust including catalytic converter

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY RETARDED ANYMORE! COME ON, MAN!!!
I think my timing is retarded.. :bleh:

Retarded timing can be defined as changing the timing so that fuel ignition happens later than the manufacturer's specified time. For example, if the timing specified by the manufacturer was set at 12 degrees BTDC initially and adjusted to 11 degrees BTDC, it would be referred to as retarded.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2024 R today. Noticed the extended crank as I first leave the dealership. It also happened again as I went to grab dinner for the family. I’m glad to see other people are dealing with a similar issue.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2024 R today. Noticed the extended crank as I first leave the dealership. It also happened again as I went to grab dinner for the family. I’m glad to see other people are dealing with a similar issue.
So definitely still persisting with all 5.2 and its tune or fuel pump or whatnot.
Curious to when the recall will come out for this.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So definitely still persisting with all 5.2 and its tune or fuel pump or whatnot.
Curious to when the recall will come out for this.
My truck is currently at the dealership for this issue. I've provided them my video and they still have no answer.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is currently at the dealership for this issue. I've provided them my video and they still have no answer.
My dealership kept it for 3 days and said "could not reproduce" and sent me packing. They "pulled" logs and diags and found nothing.

I just doubt they really did anything unfortunately because it doesnt throw a CEL when it takes forever to start.

It sounds like there no cylinder pressure when it cranks like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter