Extended Engine Cranking when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R just delivered Monday night. 12-5 build date. Has done the delayed start 3 times already. Only 165 miles

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That type of thing can happen with a failed purge system. Wonder if something is depressurizing the fuel system?

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
Mine did this as well(2 times that's it and cannot replicate it now)... 236 miles on the odom.
Not impressed with this thing at all hence why I kept my 23 eb raptor. I swear my regular raptor feels faster down low and mid range... granted I have not taken the gas peddle past 1/2 throttle until i do the 1st oil change at 800 miles- if i own it that long lol

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a new fuel pump to address this. We’ll see if it works. The 7.3s have this issue and that’s the fix for them

vill

Reaction score
Picked mine up on 1/31/24 and put 650 miles on it since then. (550 miles were from the trip home from the dealership) I’ve noticed it happen about 3 or 4 times already. If the issue continues I’ll probably bring it up when I get the oil change done at 1000 miles.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some lurking around, a few other gt350 & 500 owners had leaky injectors. I guess a leaky injector can cause an extended start up procedure because of the additional fuel in the cylinder. Anyone else have any thoughts? @FordTechOne?

asg0524

Reaction score
What I’ve noticed:

1) Cold starts seem fine

2) Sometimes when restarting warm, say I run into the store or something, it feels like a super quick start; hardly any starter required. Similar feel to auto start stop functionality in cars that have that.

3) Sometimes when restarting warm, I get a little struggle before it kicks on, but nothing as lengthy as shown in the video above.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I’ve noticed:

1) Cold starts seem fine

2) Sometimes when restarting warm, say I run into the store or something, it feels like a super quick start; hardly any starter required. Similar feel to auto start stop functionality in cars that have that.

3) Sometimes when restarting warm, I get a little struggle before it kicks on, but nothing as lengthy as shown in the video above.
I’m the same. I’ve also noticed it more when the tank is around 3/4 full or more which is what led my tech to believe it may be a similar issue to the 7.3s