Exhaust Rattle - Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sajprice86

Reaction score
Took mine in about 7 months ago and the replaced the exhaust. I talked with the service manager and im dropping it back off this Thursday for the new TSB where they replace the valve springs. Hopefully this works.

Attachments

• IMG_9590.JPG
    IMG_9590.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 45

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem on a 23. My noise isn’t exactly the same as everyone else and is upon start up but then goes away sometimes.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2023 is making a very similar noise. It goes away in every exhaust mode other than normal mode.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 also makes a slight odd rattle only in Normal mode which is odd considering I was under the impression 23's came with the updated exhaust valve that is part of the TSB.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took mine in March 2nd. Prior to the appt, I provided the info from this thread (THANKS!) so they had some basis of understanding.
They confirmed the issue and fix and supposedly ordered the parts. Have not heard from them so figure I'll call in a couple weeks

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
confirmed part ordered but not yet available. might show up in a couple weeks.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does on cold startup, haven't worried about it, but might just have to take in now that there's a TSB...

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to check in with all of you whom have had the TSB fix performed on their rattling exhaust. Has this fix been permanent or have you heard a bit of rattle again? I haven't had a chance to bring in my truck and be without it for a few days but this rattle is getting out of hand and with the summer coming up I'd like to have my windows down again lol