Exhaust Rattle - Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
I read on the other thread that is was just exhaust valve springs that were supposedly replaced. Maybe they ordered replacement valves that have the same issue (built with the weaker springs). Anyone else, please post the part numbers that were used for the fix. I may have to order the parts myself. The dealer is not willing to order the parts for me. Telling me they can’t find the TSB on Oasis…

Lanthas

Reaction score
Since I picked the truck up around July I've had a rattle that is the same as the OPs.

I took my truck to the dealer a couple week ago and asked them to reference the TSB 22-2388 when they looked at the exhaust rattle. They ordered the parts and I just had this TSB completed this week and it fixed the rattle.
My work order also stated they also updated the PCM. The parts ordered were ML3Z-5K245-B (Valve - Exhaust). It does not state they replaced the exhaust valve, but only the spring inside so I do not know if the actual valve was replaced too. If you are curious about the work order I can add it too.

Truck sounds much better now and is honestly louder at idle and start up as well.