2019 Loud Rattle at Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
About a week ago my Starfux Blue 2019 developed an excruciating Rattle/Clanking at Cold Start. It would go away after warming up.
The noise made the Cummins Diesel sound extremely quiet :shakehead:
I researched all the “Rattle” threads (within my limited research skills)(So I wouldn’t get Bullied by the Usual Suspects) but nothing was close to my rattle. I thought it might just be the Voices in my Head :crazy:
Maybe waste gate valve? Whatever the fuxk that is?
My great Service Team was able to Pinpoint that the noise was coming from the rear of the engine Bellhousing. Removed Bellhousing and determined that the Starter would intermittently stick, causing contact with the Flywheel.
Starter replaced, Noise Gone :favorites13::head3:
Once again, a great job by my Ford Service Team!
(The OP was not compensated in any way shape or form, for propping up his Ford Service Team)
It does help that I have a 30+ year relationship with them and treat them like I would want to be treated ;)

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
How long did the rattle last for during start up? I'm wondering if it is the same problem that I have had for quite a while now.
It was about 10 min maybe?
A new rattle is back, I’m trying to figure it out now :(

MNLeadfoot

Reaction score
I had an 03 mach 1 that had a bad throw out bearing which created a terrible screeching on cold start so I feel your pain