Exhaust Rattle - Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my appointment yesterday, and while my truck does the SAME thing, my build date is 10 days after the TSB ends. So now, they have to reach out to Ford and get an OK to do something. The dealership is on board that something is broken, but now I"m in a gray area.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, after multiple multiple cold starts, problem free. @Swacer_2 have them check the gasket like on my invoice… did the trick
Its interesting that you mention that gasket. I have noticed getting a larger hissing like sound whenever i'm making over 4psi boost. The truck has 1,600 miles on it, and I do not recall ever having that sound before...

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s interesting that you mention that gasket. I have noticed getting a larger hissing like sound whenever i'm making over 4psi boost. The truck has 1,600 miles on it, and I do not recall ever having that sound before..
Worth a shot, the dealer that sold it to me said it was normal. Went to another dealer and they found the problem. I called the other dealer back and told them they $hit the bed on their diagnostic haha

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth a shot, the dealer that sold it to me said it was normal. Went to another dealer and they found the problem. I called the other dealer back and told them they $hit the bed on their diagnostic haha
Ford got back to the dealer and confirmed that they should still perform the TSB. So we shall see what happens after they do the install.

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Dropped my truck at one of the local Vegas Ford dealers (Gaudin Ford) for the exhaust rattle. I referenced the TSB and they immediately said it's not for my truck ('22 Sept build). I told them that regardless, the exhaust rattles on start and it needs to be fixed. They "looked at it" and the tech said that it's normal. Super pissed because they've been sitting on it since Tuesday and refuse to order the parts to fix the issue. I don't like dealing with any of the Ford dealers here because they're all extremely slow and an appointment means that they'll get to your truck sometime within the week.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck at one of the local Vegas Ford dealers (Gaudin Ford) for the exhaust rattle. I referenced the TSB and they immediately said it's not for my truck ('22 Sept build). I told them that regardless, the exhaust rattles on start and it needs to be fixed. They "looked at it" and the tech said that it's normal. Super pissed because they've been sitting on it since Tuesday and refuse to order the parts to fix the issue. I don't like dealing with any of the Ford dealers here because they're all extremely slow and an appointment means that they'll get to your truck sometime within the week.
Have them get the local Ford engineer involved. There was one at my dealer when I took mine in and he said not normal. I believe every dealer has a regional one. Or call Ford.