Exhaust exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't really like the looks of the way the exhaust exits are posioned. In my opinion there is too much space between the tips and the body and I also think they stick out too far. I don't want to get a complete new exhaust and was wondering if there is someone who changed the stock exhaust.

Paratrooper22

Reaction score
I'm looking into custom bending a set to exit in front of the rear passenger tire, but I think the leaf springs are going to cause problems. Any suggestions?

Also, I want to run true duals. The guy that does all the aftermarket accessories for the local Ford dealership said that it could cause some problems with the EGO sensors if I decide to run true duals. He recommends keeping the single muffler, and going with a glass pack.

Someone please chime in. I plan on doing this in the next few weeks.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got my exhaust exiting in font of the passenger rear tire and it does not interfere with the leaf springs. No complaints here!

Welcome to the site paratrooper!

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I'm looking into custom bending a set to exit in front of the rear passenger tire, but I think the leaf springs are going to cause problems. Any suggestions?

Also, I want to run true duals. The guy that does all the aftermarket accessories for the local Ford dealership said that it could cause some problems with the EGO sensors if I decide to run true duals. He recommends keeping the single muffler, and going with a glass pack.

Someone please chime in. I plan on doing this in the next few weeks.

True duals can be done. What is an EGO sensor? Haven't heard of that one. Stay away from a glasspack. It will be loud as hell and resonate in the cab bad.

Paratrooper22

Reaction score
True duals can be done. What is an EGO sensor? Haven't heard of that one. Stay away from a glasspack. It will be loud as hell and resonate in the cab bad.

Thanks for the tip. I would much rather have Flowmaster mufflers. Still don't know if I wanna dump the tips or try for a side exit. And EGO sensors are the oxygen sensors that send messages to your computer to adjust for rich or lean mixtures. I've heard it can cause a check engine light if it's getting readings outside of the factory tuning limits.

I've got my exhaust exiting in font of the passenger rear tire and it does not interfere with the leaf springs. No complaints here!

Welcome to the site paratrooper!

Thanks! Can you post up a pic of how it's bent so I can show my exhaust guy. I'm really skeptical about this because I did it to my '05 FX4 and have broken the exhaust mounts off probably a half dozen times while off-roading.

Last edited: