EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rediceatx

Reaction score
I think the ports on the driverside inlet are leaking and causing this error to the pressure sensor. On the stock inlets they completely sealed and on the AMS inlets they are just plugged in grommets. I think I might take off the driverside inlet and seal those gromets with silicone to see if that fixes the problem.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
Hey guys did anyone solve this issue yet? As i have the same issue after I installed the AFE turbo pipesD9BB414B-6EFC-4AD2-939D-BFF4F1C563A5.jpeg

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have this set-up or issue. But based on other information, wondering if any with the issue have tried this vent tube? Seems that some AFE intakes combined with other items may cause issues. Just a thought.

DC

AFE Vent Tube

donducaleti

Reaction score
Question, what cold air intake is everyone running? I have a theory that you need a CAI that has individual pipes to each tube. I have a Rousch + Quantum Inlet Scoop. But, maybe it’s the pressure being off with the bottleneck?

Did the silicon fix the issue? @Rediceatx

I haven’t been able find out the source…

But, resetting the ECU does delay the code, it’s because it’s still learning the evap system.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
AFE momentum GT
And every time i clear the code it takes fee days to come back on
Will replace the EVAP purge valve soon and will see if that fixes the issue will update you once i replace and test it for few days

donducaleti

Reaction score
AFE momentum GT
And every time i clear the code it takes fee days to come back on
Will replace the EVAP purge valve soon and will see if that fixes the issue will update you once i replace and test it for few days
The plot thickens - that is an intake aligned to my theory….

Please do on the Valve! Would you be able to share Part Numbers as well?

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Ok, so far I have done the following: I smoke checked the EVAP lines to make sure there were no leaks with the engine off initially, there were none.

1st, I Installed a new Purge Valve
2nd, I Installed that cut pipe/vent tube from AFE, this worked for about almost a month and then it would come back within a day after resetting the MIL each time. I'm not sure why this kept the code away for as long as it did and then stop working. I checked orientation on it each time.
3rd, I Installed a new pressure sensor on the single line that goes from the PCV to the inlet that connects to the tube that I installed the cut pipe from AFE into. The code came back within one day.

After my most recent post I sealed up all of the grommets with Flex seal, this kept the code away for a week or so and it just came back on this afternoon. I'm going to take that inlet out again and see if any of the sealing from the Flex Seal opened it. One thing I noticed right away after sealing it with the Flex Seal is decrease in turbo lag the majority of the time, throttle responsiveness was noticeably better.

I did buy a new EVAP canister vent solenoid and will replace it by this weekend. It could be that the pressure sensor is out of nominal range and that's why it continues to through this code. I think I might be able to modify this with HP Tuners by either disabling the MIL or adjusting the range of it.

Old Purge Valve
IMG_7689.jpg
IMG_7690.jpg

Pressure Sensor - You can get two for 15 dollars on Ebay.
IMG_7688.jpg
Evap Canister Solenoid
IMG_7686.jpg
IMG_7687.jpg

Last edited:

donducaleti

Reaction score
Thank you so much for continuing to update this thread @Rediceatx.

I think AMS should start giving you some R&D money, lol!

I keep spot-checking my Inlet Tubes, and haven’t been able to find the source either. Please keep us in the loop if replacing those solenoids works. Othwerise, I think you may be correct about it being out of range. That’s ballpark aligned to my single->dual pipe intake theory…