EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
the AFE turbo inlet they designed the peto tube the same as the OEM pipes and the same direction as well even they said to install the factory hoses to make sure the airflow stay the same but still get the check engine light

Alhasawi

Reaction score
I don't have turbo adapters yet, but am considering it when I install the downpipes. After communicating with a tech from AEM they reported that it's a sensor that is just out of range, but the people that had this problem bought the AFE version that comes with two different hoses have not had this problem return. I'm going to order them tomorrow, you have to call and place the order over the phone because they don't list them on their site. I found the part numbers on their instruction manual and sent them an email and they asked me to call and place the order. They are not expensive at all so I'm going to give it a shot.

I also found a newer thread on a different forum that says it's an EGR vacuum control that throws the code, but I'm not sure exactly how this issue causes that sensor to go out of range. I tried running the diagnostic routine for the specific code, but I need a licensed FORD PCM handheld to turn on and off stuff during the diagnostic process while monitoring fuel tank pressure voltage. I really don't feel like dropping 500+ dollars for the hardware and license. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/p04f0-code-evap-system-problem.23985/
View attachment 403100

AFE 951-493-5608
05-01577 =$32.55
05-01585 = $35.84
Plus Shipping
Hi Red
I spoke with AFE through their representative in kuwait and they recommended to install the inlet pips back but this time with OEM hoses and now i have been driving the truck for few days and no check engine came back on

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Current List of mods:
  • CVF Titan 2 Intercooler with Turbosmart Mechanical BOV
  • AMS Turbo inlets
  • K&N Cold Air Intake
  • CVF Catted downpipes
  • 5Star E50 Tune via SCT BDX
Updates:
  • Created my own hoses similar to the ones that AMS and others offer with the kit, they are air tight with no kinks or irregular bending - Check Engine Light still on P04F0 - EVAP System High Pressure Purge Line Performance has been detected
  • Installed a K&N cold air intake system with and with out the little plastic tube in the AMS inlet - Check Engine Light still on P04F0 - EVAP System High Pressure Purge Line Performance has been detected
  • Ordered tunes from 5star tuning 87, 93, E50 - Check Engine Light still on P04F0 - EVAP System High Pressure Purge Line Performance has been detected
5star tunes are encrypted so I cannot turn off the Check Engine Light off in HPtuners, I do not have the bucking or slow spool up issues anymore. There may be elements to the tune that help correct this. Unfortunately, I am unable to see what was changed due to the tune encryption.