EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Thank you so much for continuing to update this thread @Rediceatx.

I think AMS should start giving you some R&D money, lol!

I keep spot-checking my Inlet Tubes, and haven’t been able to find the source either. Please keep us in the loop if replacing those solenoids works. Othwerise, I think you may be correct about it being out of range. That’s ballpark aligned to my single->dual pipe intake theory…
Thank you!

If anyone knows if they have a person that posts here send them the link to this thread. I'm not looking for any compensation, just want to get this figured out. If I can't within the next month or so I may just send them back for a refund.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
I did replace the purge valve and another one will send a pic soon but still the same. The check engine came back on after few days
5B989268-C740-42B3-AD31-7FF4ED3ED1D5.jpeg

Rediceatx

Reaction score
The flex seal didn’t hold, the grommet was pulled up and you could see where it separated. I’m going to try caulking it with straight silicone next, thought for sure the flex seal would hold.
4422BE31-3DBB-4FD1-9059-8FFF57FEADCD.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P04F0 is a conditional DTC; it is not indicative of a specific part or circuit failure. If it only started setting after the installation of an aftermarket intake system, that is most likely where your root cause lies. If multiple people are reporting this issue, the intake manufacturers should be investigating and coming up with a solution. I would think selling and aftermarket part that causes an emissions system malfunction would be a EPA violation.

Description:The EVAP check valve test is performed during minimal boost conditions, once per drive cycle, when entry conditions are met. This DTC sets when the fuel tank pressure exceeds a calibrated amount within a specified amount of time during the test (single path check valve), or when the fuel tank vacuum is less than a calibrated amount within a specified amount of time or when the fuel tank pressure exceeds a calibrated amount within a specified amount of time during the test (dual path check valve).
Possible Causes:
  • Incorrect EVAP system hose or line connections
  • Restricted EVAP ejector connections at the intake air system
  • Stuck open EVAP check valve
  • Stuck closed EVAP check valve
  • Damaged EVAP ejector
  • Damaged EVAP check valve

Alhasawi

Reaction score
If you are using AFE cold air intake and turbo inlets you dont need that white piece its used just for AFE cold air intake with OEM turbo inlet thats whats it said in AFE website

Alhasawi

Reaction score
You can check their website and they stated its not needed with AFE CAI and AFE turbo inlets