EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBone22

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and I recently had a check engine light come on showing code P04F0 (EVAP System High Load Purge Line A Performance). I was wondering if anyone has had this code pop up on them? If so, what is the usually causing this and is it a big deal?

I checked all hoses/lines and made sure they are secure and not loose. Everything looked secure from what I can tell.

I have a tune and ADD/AFE intercooler that I’ve had for a while, not sure if this would be the cause to throw a code.

Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks!

upload_2020-8-31_16-51-41.jpeg

upload_2020-8-31_16-42-37.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor and I recently had a check engine light come on showing code P04F0 (EVAP System High Load Purge Line A Performance). I was wondering if anyone has had this code pop up on them? If so, what is the usually causing this and is it a big deal?

I checked all hoses/lines and made sure they are secure and not loose. Everything looked secure from what I can tell.

I have a tune and ADD/AFE intercooler that I’ve had for a while, not sure if this would be the cause to throw a code.

Thanks!

View attachment 151064

View attachment 151061

Having a issue with this code as well on a customer's truck. Recently installed AMS's Turbo Inlet Tubes and an Injen Intake System. I feel in our case it's related to the AMS Tubes. We've contacted AMS for some tech help but haven't got anywhere. Did you end up getting your issue sorted out?

Rediceatx

Reaction score

Thanks!

Google led me to this post. I just installed AMS inlets on my 2.7 and this code popped up shortly there after. After speaking with a rep from AMS they suggested doing a fog test to see if there were any leaks in the intake, he said that this happens occasionally. I did a smoke test old school with cigar smoke and nothing came out of anywhere, but I'm sure that under boosted conditions it's probably pulling additional air in from one of the connector points on the intake.

TBone, did you ever get this resolved and what did you discover? I'm thinking about using some silicone sealant around the areas where the connectors are seated, but I dont want to do this if it's not necessary. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Rediceatx

Reaction score
UPDATE: I bought one of these tubes from AFEPower.com and it did the trick. Thought I would reply with the fix in case anyone else that installs these inlets comes across this OBDII code P04F0.

donducaleti

Reaction score
UPDATE: I bought one of these tubes from AFEPower.com and it did the trick. Thought I would reply with the fix in case anyone else that installs these inlets comes across this OBDII code P04F0.

Just purchased! Going to try them on my '19 Limited after installing the AMS Inlets.

donducaleti

Reaction score

Hey @Rediceatx; I just installed it this weekend, but have still thrown a couple P04F0 codes since installing. Which slot in the Boost Tubes did you install them in? The one that is being recommended in the AFE video on their website? Or one of the other (2) closer towards the intake? Thank you!: )

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Hey @Rediceatx; I just installed it this weekend, but have still thrown a couple P04F0 codes since installing. Which slot in the Boost Tubes did you install them in? The one that is being recommended in the AFE video on their website? Or one of the other (2) closer towards the intake? Thank you!: )
I installed it in the one that the AFE site recommends.

I went a month with no MIL and it came back. Now I'm stumped and dont know why this keeps happening. There's hardly anything out there that shows how to fix this. I'm thinking that possibly the areas on the driver side inlet where the hoses connect to are leaking air and causing this. I've tried leak/smoke testing and starter fluid at idle and no increase in RPM, might happen only under boost conditions. Please respond to this thread if you come across any solutions, thank you.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go over all of the joint spots and make certain they are all sealed and tightened properly.

Could also run a smoke test to check.

Good luck,
DC

donducaleti

Reaction score
I installed it in the one that the AFE site recommends.

I went a month with no MIL and it came back. Now I'm stumped and dont know why this keeps happening. There's hardly anything out there that shows how to fix this. I'm thinking that possibly the areas on the driver side inlet where the hoses connect to are leaking air and causing this. I've tried leak/smoke testing and starter fluid at idle and no increase in RPM, might happen only under boost conditions. Please respond to this thread if you come across any solutions, thank you.
I’m getting my car up on the lift this coming weekend to take a look at everything as well as do some other upgrades.

Did you by chance use the extension hose and re-use the factory connectors on that one part? I think that may be the source of it if the smoke test fails for me as well. I’m going to do some digging and re-order new hoses and connectors for that and see if that works.