EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes…the AFE tube resolved my issue. No CEL in over 15,000 miles. I believe positioning of the tube is critical. I marked it before I inserted it to be certain I installed it correctly. I feel for you Bro!

donducaleti

Reaction score
Yes…the AFE tube resolved my issue. No CEL in over 15,000 miles. I believe positioning of the tube is critical. I marked it before I inserted it to be certain I installed it correctly. I feel for you Bro!
Glad you could get it fixed! I’ll play around with the orientation. If that doesn’t work, I’ll take them out and seal them up to make sure that’s not it….

Rediceatx

Reaction score
I had the longest amount of time with no MIL after installing the small white AFE tube, but after it went off again that's when I noticed the grommet pulling away where it's installed. I still think there's air seeping in under heavy load, it throws the code right after a few WOT runs now, after I reset it.

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Got around to pulling off the driver side ,three coats of flex seal didn’t hold worth a damn. I pulled the connector as far as I could from the grommet, lined it with silicone and smashed it back down.

I’m running a 93 tune on this truck, you guys that aren’t having issues are you tuned? If so, which tuned are you using. Stock, the truck only managed about 16-17lbs of boost. With my 93 I get a consistent 20lbs. I still think that the extra vacuum in the inlet is pulling air through that grommet and causing this issue. I’m not an expert on boosted applications by any means as this is my first turbocharged vehicle, but I do have a decent amount of experience working on LS1’s.

6A78679E-552D-43F1-85B5-8B1C0EA2FE29.jpeg

donducaleti

Reaction score
I’ll pull mine out this weekend and inspect. I have a Cobb Stage 2 tune as well w/ SPD turbo adapters, plus some other mods. Hit 25.5 the other day on a WOT pull.

Going to be investing in a GooseTuned tune here soon to get down to lower boost levels with more power…

Rediceatx

Reaction score
MIL came back in and lo and behold, the silicone did not hold. I’m torn between JB welding it or just sending it back. Any ideas on what I can do here?171AA2CB-76C1-48E5-A5FA-DE1A907E36A1.jpeg

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on all you’ve been through…I would return your boost tubes…if they can even be returned and get your money back. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

donducaleti

Reaction score
MIL came back in and lo and behold, the silicone did not hold. I’m torn between JB welding it or just sending it back. Any ideas on what I can do here?View attachment 350374
I didn’t get a chance to pull mine out this weekend. But, is that the only connector that is pulled out at all? As-in, are we sure that it is not supposed to have any gap at all? I would go straight for JB Weld on mine if there is only one that looks like this, and the others look snug.

donducaleti

Reaction score
I didn’t get a chance to pull mine out this weekend. But, is that the only connector that is pulled out at all? As-in, are we sure that it is not supposed to have any gap at all? I would go straight for JB Weld on mine if there is only one that looks like this, and the others look snug.
As for returning, at this point - I’m too invested... I’m going to get this truck to not have a CEL!!!!!!