GEN 1 Engine oil change *TIME* interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Manuel

Reaction score
With the quarantine scene, I ended up driving the truck very little. Its been 8 months since I put in Mobile 1 synthetic with Mobil 1 filter. I have driven around 4500 miles, I drive mostly in the city however.

So while my mileage is below 5k which I am targetting, the time since last oil change is above the 6 month target that I have for synthetic. I just did not change the oil since I was not driving it anyway. Figured will change it when I start using it.

The truck is with my buddy now who has been using it for some moving stuff and my ocd is kicking in :)
Is it safe to wait for a few more weeks (+ 300 miles max) or should I do an emergency recall and change the oil?

The truck is at 115k odo now and engine is in good shape afaik.

Thanks!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
According to what I’ve read, time does not degrade oil or its performance, it’s usage that degrades the oil. So you’re fine. I believe the warranty would require a yearly checkup, but the oil will be fine.

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change the Mobil 1 synthetic every 12 mos now that I don’t rack up the miles anymore. Been adhering to the yearly schedule for 3 years now.

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about there its based on use. You can always have an oil analysis done to ensure it is still good. Most people are quick to do a change even though the oil is just fine.